Featured ‘nother Ditchpump.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Kenbro, Dec 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Earlier in this year I got a price for my bike’s 1st birthday service at the main dealer.
    I then proceeded to have it serviced by a local (Highly recommended ) Harley mechanic.
    He did some stuff that wasn’t in that service schedule, but more importantly, he missed some stuff out!
    So after a couple of weeks I booked it into the BMW dealer to have it done properly.
    When they first gave me a cost it was for me to take the bike in, however, I subsequently asked then to collect and deliver....happy to do that at no extra charge.
    If I was a cynic I’d think it must have already been built into price.
    Was nice anyway, and sure made me feel better even though it ended up costing a bit less than double by time I’d paid twice.
    Cheers,Ken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes, they are an absolute hoot Ade. A heavy bike but it's low to the ground and it carrys it's weight low so feels very planted. The stock exhaust is rowdy - a deep rumble at low speeds, a marvellous crackle on deceleration and a howl like a diving Stuka when you really wind it up.
    Did I say I liked it? :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Really, littleade, I never knew that!
    Harley guy that did my service said as long as he used genuine BMW parts etc. the warranty wouldn’t be voided.
    Suppose he would say that though.
    Thanks much for that info.
    Cheers, Ken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Kenbro
    Nice looking steed. And i think you are right about the service as that is what I have done with my Bonnie and Bulldog were happy to accept it as long as they looked it over and checked safety bit.
    Joe.

5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    So let me work this out, Triumph have a new 660 whatever that is as I’ve never heard of a bike that small from them other than a 600 and you traded a ditch for a ditch 1100RS which would have been about 20+ years old? Am I on track?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Tigcraft,
    Yep, ya ontrack, unfortunately, not the right one. ;) Please pay attention at the back.
    Think back a few weeks....big oohaa over whether the new Triumph 660 would be worthy of wearing the Trident name! That’s the one I was referring to.

I had a 2019 R9T dp, and a few weeks ago I helped a friend (Poorly) of a friend out by buying his 1996 1100RS.
    I’ve now traded the R9T in for another R9T (2020 model) but the ‘Low’ one.
    The 1100RS is still around, somewhere.
    Cheers,Ken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Only or mainly for the ‘low’?

9. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    I've already had a good old rant on another forum about begining sentences with ' so', so( used correctly please note) I'll spare you all the worst of my pathetic vitriol which I reserve for the mutilation of the English language.
    Perhaps it's enough to say that ' so' is a word correctly used to join two thoughts, one being the consequence of the preceding thought.
    By George, I needed that.
    Al

10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

So this is Christmas
    and what have you done :joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Well, I saved the world this year, invented a cure for cancer, eradicated disease and poverty and put an end to famine.
    But other than that,what did the Romans ever do for us?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    They were not too bad a road building.
    Ken.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk