£18k For A 411 Mile Rocket Gt

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by SleepyOwl, May 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Or bought it on finance then the lockdown happened and can no longer afford the repayments :(:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    At £17995 and that’s the dealers price I wonder how much the original owner got for it £16k perhaps :eek: if not on finance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Dealer needs to add some profit and dump some VAT on top of that.
    Even at £15,000 plus the 20% for VAT, making a round £18,000 there's no dealer profit been added.

£14,500 would be my guess.:sob:

5. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    #5 Kinjane, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Damn. Looks like I was once caught out on a miserable trade in price by salesman lies, oops I mean patter, because that's the explanation he gave for his low offer (vat required on the bikes value). Not surprised (glad) the whole dealership went under.

Bring back the days when potential purchaser were vetted for limited production items. Might stop some of these quick turnovers - but there again I probably wouldn't even make the queue...

6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Vehicles bought and sold privately do not attract VAT. A dealer however should apply VAT to the price on one of two ways:

The most common way is on the dealer profit I.e. the difference between the price paid and the sale price. The VAT % is buried in the price of the car but not usually separately itemised as with a new car.

Some dealers may charge VAT at 20% on the total price - very rarely used because the tax charge is actually higher than under the second-hand margin scheme. If it is not invoiced I WOULD suspect they are pocketing the difference.

• Like Like x 1