£1495!! America 2003 11,000 Miles Needs A Little Tlc

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by slimlavud, Oct 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. slimlavud

slimlavud Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    London, UK
    2003 Bonneville America with 11,000 miles on it that I have rescued but cannot finish it.
    The V5 is here and in my name at my address in North London. The registration number is GK03 OUA

Call 07896 921115

From the front: FRONT WHEEL: Excellent chrome and hub on front wheel and good original Bridgestone tyre, excellent disc and front brake working fine. NEEDS: two spoke nipples as were broken when some tried to steal it.
    FORKS: Excellent, with stainless shrouds. Steering/handlebars/controls: All excellent no scratches on bars or levers - never dropped. but dipswitch button has a small bit missing, still works fine. No mirrors - originals £15-30 on ebay.
    FRONT MUDGUARD: Original black paint, a few small chips that will touch in, does not need repainting. TANK: Badly dented and chrome console missing, needs new tank, £275 for perfect one with chrome console on ebay.
    ENGINE: Spins over fine, have checked bores and valves with a scope and they are like new. Chrome covers fitted, a bit of flaking chrome on clutch cover but still very smart. Some black paint spilt on engine but comes off easily, leaving original finish in great condition. No oil leaks at all.
    GEARBOX and CLUTCH: selects all gears fine, clutch seems excellent too.
    CHAIN AND SPROCKETS: Nearly new chain, sprockets show no wear.
    CARBS - low mileage set from another Bonneville fitted (they were stolen), no airbox or right side trim panel. I was going to fit pod filters (good S&Bs are £32 a pair) and fit battery at the back (common mod, gives much more power).
    ELECTRICS: No ignition switch (I was going to use a Harley or common switch as Triumph switch is crap and is just an on/off switch). A couple of wires need fixing and tidying as they were chopped off by the thief. No battery ((£15 from SquareDeals for a YTX12BS battery)
    SPEEDO: excellent, new glass fitted by me as the thief had smashed the glass too!
    BATTERY BOX: perfect one fitted, with stainless strap and battery mounting rubber.
    FOOTRESTS: all good and shiny chrome, one passenger rest is missing. EXHAUSTS: Excellent chrome, one small dent, not really noticeable. no rust anywhere on the whole bike
    SEAT: Perfect, no rips or marks.
    SIDESTAND: chrome extra, good chrome.
    SWING ARM AND FRAME: Original paint in excellent condition no marks or rust anywhere. Swing arm and wheel bearings perfect.
    REAR WHEEL: Excellent chrome rim and alloy hub, nearly new quality tyre.
    REAR MUDGUARD: Original black paint, a few small scratches and a 'soft' dent that will tap out easily and touch in the paint.
    LIGHTS: Excellent chrome headlight shell, rim and light unit, needs wire retaining clips fitting ((£5 from ebay). Rear light is NEW and rear indicators are NEW, with clear AND orange lenses supplied, front indicators are perfect.
    SPARES: Will come with spare new ignition coils, ignition leads, new ignition pick-up for engine (nothing wrong with the ones fitted but they do go sometimes so I thought I would get spares when I could), 4 spark plugs and an adjustable front brake lever and an excellent clutch lever.

So, when finished, this bike would retail for £3995/private sale £2750-3000. It needs £200-350 spending on parts to make it perfect. I'm selling only as I don't have time to finish it and I need the money quite urgently.

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

• Like Like x 1