£100 Admin Fee?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Tigcraft, Sep 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Noticed a short while back cheeky tw4ts asking for £100 admin fees nowadays on used bikes. Seems to be in the manchester area......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    It’ll interesting if you sold your bike to ‘we buy any bike.com’ and when they turnup you tell them about your small print how it has an admin fee of £100 and also “paying cash sir?” “That’ll be extra 6% for hiring secure transportation staff and to cover bank laundering questions as to who paid it, what for and how did they come about this amount??

• Like Like x 3
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I know a couple of dealers who do that so when quoted a price for a bike I once followed a suggestion I picked up from somewhere (maybe on here) and replied that I charged a £100 option to purchase fee. The salesman, to his credit kept a straight face, I meant it too. I didn't do the deal in the end.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I can see most customers feeling that way out after potential being shafted. It must have a knock on affect although generally I don’t buy from dealerships unless it’s really special but it got to blow my brains out first!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    All that junk mail and cold calling that goes on now, I was told that it has a 0.3% uptake. so if the Readers Digest or the Nigerian Prince can get three in a thousand, signing up, Im pretty sure these stealers will get alot more than that stumping up " tea-money". for something they are very keen to buy.
    I would suggest that we should unite and refuse to pay, only all they need is 3 in a thousand and their little bonus is in pocket.
    Can bikers stand together, complete, 100%, where all others have failed????

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Had that at a Ford dealer once. Told him upfront I wanted an all-in price, including any fees and other costs to give me a drive-out cost. He just couldn't do that so I walked away, expecting him to call back as I reached the door. The pillock called back nearly two weeks later to offer me a better price and I laughed at him by saying I'd already got an even better price elsewhere for something with more options on it and NO FUCKING ADMIN FEE!

• Like Like x 6
  7. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    They call it document fees - give me the V5 I will send it ( or do it online) what are these fees?:mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    We got an admin fee added on when I bought her a car, I almost walked out, wish I had now. The salesman was a proper t₩@t.
    Informed me that he "didn't have to sell me the car, he could refuse to let me buy it, if he wanted"!

• Like Like x 1
  9. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Personally I would have walked telling him to stuff it up his arse

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I think it's a brilliant idea. :D

So if you can all send me a £100 to my PayPal account at:-

[email protected]

:kissing_heart::cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  11. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Was £25 when they started, I was buying a used Suzi 750 GSXF, I asked what its for, they said HP checks etc 'to safe guard me agianst loosing the bike it was sold to them on HP but not tell them.
    I said stuff the £25 its their responcibility to check not lumber the customer with the cost, they dropped it!
    To be fair they were pretty good though any way, far better than the now defunct Clay Cross Motorcycles, which CMC now occupy.
    Hunts in Manchester seemed o.k. on my purchase of the 2 small Honda's I bought over the last year but let selves down on customer service on the second one, all for the price of a mirror!

• Like Like x 2
  12. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Hunts delivery driver nearly dropped my R3R then he moaned about it's weight. The front mudguard had been dented between the store and my address. They said they would pay for dent removal then went all quiet. Did get a Free mug though:confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I got 2!! I've had 2 different deivers, 'H' was first, fine, no prob's, the 2nd buggered off quick after he foun I'd only got 1 key, then had to get Hunts to search for it, they found it in the work shop, left there from PDI!
    Sent the 2 mugs with the key!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Bill Smiths at Chester charge £80 Admin fee :eek: glad to say they’ve never had any of my money.

Highway robbery.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    What about that £150 extra charge if you want any colour paint except black? They sometimes only paint the tank - how many ml of paint is that? Just out of curiosity could someone please work out for me the cost of paint/ml? I've no idea how much paint is applied, but it can't be that much - surely not 150 quid's worth?

16. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Sadly they are all at it now.
    Pity we just didn’t refuse to pay it.
    Then again they would have just increased the price by £100

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    This is an old pisstake that I used to debate. Paint materials used on tanks from in stock I may add tend to be around £15 tops and that’s generous as it’s priced for most micas. Labour is another thing if it’s classed as a change not from scratch

18. deaks25

deaks25 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2018
    Birmingham, UK
    I've never been on the receiving end of something like this, so not sure how I would react in reality, but if the dealers are honest about their fees, i.e. they're published and easily found, or they explain them as part of the negotiations, then I don't have a major problem with it.
    For example, in the UK it seems to be an expectation that a dealer pays the registration fee for new vehicles, but there is a fee for it so it's up to the dealer to pay it or charge for it.

I respect honesty. Tell me the truth, & I'm much more likely to deal with you. Try & swindle me, & I'll walk. There are only so many bikers on the UK, so being a d*ck is really dumb, especially as so many places rely on good reputations to get by.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    What. Like adding £10 to a service for consumables. Like they use that much WD40 and brake cleaner. Taking the p^&s!!. Add it on to labour costs if you must but dont rub your face in it!!!

20. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Tell them to stick it!!