Yss Shocks For Bonneville

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TonyG, May 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Hi,

Has anyone fitted YSS Eco line shocks to their Bonnie? The instructions are pretty crap. I fitted the only bushes to the shocks from the supplied set that slipped over the frame mounting lugs, all the others were too small. However, I didn't use any of the supplied washers, just cleaned up the mounting bolts and refitted them with some blue thread lock and the original washers. It all seems ok, the bushes were the only ones that could be used and I can't see any reason to use the supplied washers, some of which were quite thick and would offset the shock and provide less thread for the bolt to tighten on.

Thanks

2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Should be perfectly okay Tony.
    The other bushes/ washers will be for different bikes.
    The main thing is not to overtighten because all you are doing is crushing the rubber bush.
    Correct torque setting and thread lock as you have done.
    Just put a tiny paint mark on each of the bolts for a quick visual check that they are not vibrating loose.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Thanks,

Just torqued up to 28nm as per the manual. I think if I fitted the washers then that would confine the rubber bushes even more, so will leave as is.

4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Have you taken the bolts out and applied new threadlock ?
    If not, the threadlock will not be working, it is important on the shocks as they are a moving part only tightened onto rubber.

5. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Yep, blob of blue threadlock on each bolt.

• Like Like x 1