Your Own, You Tube Videos..post Them Here

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Apr 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    This was my first run with the Gopro on my bike,I had fixed it to the tank which although made me ride more upright than I would have liked the Gopro was rock solid and the video was very clear as it was in HD, however after seeing it on You Tube I'm a bit disappointed that the quality has suffered:confused: I've edited it down to the length of 2 songs and I maybe went slightly overboard with the transitions.:rolleyes: I'll have a better idea next time;)

• Like Like x 26
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah it was a bit nippy:eek:

3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Spot on Dougie, enjoyed that mate excellent video, Obviously a road you know very well :p I'm sure that was Sprinter's bus passed you coming in the opposite direction :D
    Thanks for posting and top marks for chosen music :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    We will be doing that road on the Friday Andy:) but we will turn right at Bridge of Cally and head towards Pitlochry (about 6.30 on the clip)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I enjoyed that, thanks Dougie, and good tunes, nice editing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Brilliant, brilliant video Dougie !!!! Loved the action, you Ace'd it COMPLETELY with the music for me. Currently reading Keith's autobiography so it was particularly poignant/relevant for me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Keith's Autobiography is a good book Dave ,fair bit of reading in it, that reminds me I loaned it to a mate about 4 years ago, i'll have to ask for it back:rolleyes:

8. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Great video Dougie, that's put me in the mood to get back up there asap :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    The A924 to Pitlochry...... fantastic road 10/10 :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    If your'e stopping off in Braemar instead of getting something from "The Hungry Highlander " there is a new place opened across the road called "The Bothy" it's part of Braemar Mountain Sport shop,if it's a nice day they have verandas out the back overlooking the river:cool:

upload_2018-4-9_11-44-25.png

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    I'll give that a try next time Dougie, spent a few quid in the HH over the years but always up for trying something new.

Cheers :yum

12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Another wee clip this time on my Hog,for the guys doing the scottish road trip we will be doing part of this road (up to 2.13 where instead of turning left we will turn right towards crieff)

• Like Like x 8
  13. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Your videos are good Dougie , nice clarity.My wife was asking what editing programme did you use? She also has a go-pro, and finds their software time consuming in editing.

14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm using Adobe Premier Elements,initially I was using my laptop for editing but it was struggling as it is several years old and doesn't have a great graphics card, also the processor and Ram weren't really up to the job,So I decided to get a new PC it has 16gb Ram and the latest processor and a good graphics card,it is actually a gaming computer so dealing with editing is a pleasure now..as for editing I think if it's something like a bike run and you know the road it makes it a lot easier and quicker to edit as you know where the best bits are so you don't have to waste time looking through the whole video,what I do is edit the length once then edit it again to get it under 10 mins,then I add the transitions then lastly I'll add the music.. don't know if that's the best way to do it as I'm just learning myself

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    thanks for that Dougie, my Mrs understands the what she needs to do now to sort out her go-pro editing.She has some good footage from her bike ....just not allowed to add her own music etc.:)

16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    once she gets the hang of it you will have to put some of her vids up here:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Cracking vids mate. YouTube nerfs your 1080p footage unfortunately, it is still very viewable and 90% of vloggers use 1080 as it is a good compromise for file size over quality.
    Is it a GoPro Hero 5 Black you have? If so you could try 2.7k at 60fps on Wide view if you wanted to increase the quality. I generally only record at 2.7k now as YouTube nerfs it less. It does take a lot longer to render and will eat your GoPro battery.
    If you do pursue this, might be worth looking at getting the external mic adaptor so you can put a mic out the wind and hear the engine and even your voice if you wanted to be able to gob off to it! :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Thanks, it's a hero 6, I got a cracking deal on it just after xmas ,20% off from the company that was selling it plus I received an email from ebay they were giving me 20% off any purchase,so I couldn't resist and ended up getting it for a great price.i have a large portable hard drive where i keep all the videos (edited and non edited)so i can watch them in HD ..my aim is to video all my favourite runs, i have thought about getting the external mic adapter so i can place it near the exhaust but I'm just a bit concerned that if i get caught in a shower the go pro will no longer be waterproof,but then again i guess it would be easy enough to stop and take the mic off

19. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I use a 6 too, it is a fantastic camera and will allow you to run 2.7k in Superview at 60fps, which even after YouTube nerf it, it will still look awesome.
    I use a rubber cover on my camera with a slit cut in it to allow the mic adapter to plug into it, this keeps the water out so if you get caught in a shower the camera should be ok. I have a blue rubber cover you can have if you want it, the shop sent it to me by accident, I ordered a black one.

This is my current set up:

enduro carbon side.jpg

which has a mic going into the helmet which then is covered in fake fur to remove any wind noise

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    PM sent

21. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Just realised they only cost £2.26 and free delivery, you'd possibly be better off buying a new one from them and getting it in black. Offer still stands though :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  22. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Just uploaded my latest video - Fake Police...blatant imitation of an emergency vehicle