Your Favourite Gloves

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by R_1000, Apr 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I have a few pair of gloves and my favourite is the Knox Handroid for proper spirited riding & A* Air Carbon Short for town riding.

Handroid - Fit perfect and feel of the controls are good. Ventilation not bad. Protection seems good....one of my buddy came off in the track doing 90 MPH + .....gloves did its job and his hands were fine

A* Air Carbon - Gloves are comfortable. The carbon knuckle armour is a floating version, this means there are no pressure point when you close your fist. Where as with my GP Pro my knuckles gets bruised....it could be my weird hands rather than the gloves. The protection on the short gloves seems good.

I am currently about to purchase Racer - High Racer Gloves to keep it as a back up.

Very much would like to know what others' own and how you feel about them

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    Hi I have the HELD Phantom gloves, really good quality and fit like a glove !
    No regrets - they even have exotic materials - stingray skin which is super wear resistant

• Like Like x 2
  3. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    When I did the Europe trip through all sort of mad wet weather, my brother-in-law had the Knox Zero. He was so pleased with them and those gloves kept his hands completely dry. Whereas I had the A* 365 Gore-Tex and my skin on my palms started pealing off due the continuous exposure of water seeping in :(. I had heated grips on my bike and I did use them as my hands were cold. I think the heated grips might have contributed to A* failing :confused:

4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Alpinestars GP Plus R's, on my third pair, crashed at 85mph ish on track day with first set, all stitching remained in tact and no damage to hands despite sliding quite a way (also had A stars one piece leathers on which crashed very well).
    2nd pair bought in 2007, and only changed them earlier this year due to clutch hand fingers and thumb were getting thin through wear. Always found them to be of highest quality, comfy and the vents work well, and ultimately when called on to protect me they worked, nuff said!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    That's weird, my latest A Stars are 2 sizes bigger than the ones they replaced and they still feel snug compared to the old ones, I know they give over time but still 2 sizes different!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I am also looking at - Arc-On Apex Gloves. Only issue is I can't seem to find a lot of reviews.

7. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Got myself the Racer High Racer. I am not exaggerating.......seriously.....the feel on this gloves is as you are not wearing any gloves at all. If you get the chance, please do try one. It may be different for each person but I find it brilliant. There seems to be decent armour and Knox protection. Read some reviews where the gloves have held up well in an off. I haven't ridden in them yet but sat on the bike doing all sort of fancy moves like a 2 year old in the carpark :D. One of our neighbour witnessed my stunt and she burst out laughing :(. I feel so bloody embarrassed : unamused:

Anyways....these gloves has....No restrictions, no pressure points and the fit is perfect. I believe this is only good for summer. There are some decent perforation but not tested for venting yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    I have a few, BMW All Around, BMW winter gloves( very warm but a bit bulky, Held waterproofs, Dainese and Rev’it armored gloves. But, my go to gloves are Aerostich kangaroo gloves.

• Like Like x 1
  9. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #7 R_1000, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    For winter I use Rev It Borealis GTX. It keeps my hand warm. Not thick and good feel on the controls. It's goretex n waterproof. The good thing about is, it is compatible with heated grips :)

The bad thing is they have this weird closing mechanism n its bit of a faff to get your hands in. I have read others have cut out that closing strap n seem perfect. I didn't want to go chopping off my gloves but I get along OK.

10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

If you use gore_tex and heated grips, the gore_tex gets confused and let's the water flow in, instead of out !!!

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I agree with you. That's what happened with my previous A*, the waterproof failed with heated grips and my hands were soaked.. However this Revit gloves is compatible with heated grips. Please see the link.....

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/241288

I just hope their claim is true. I haven't tested these in the rain though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #10 Sprinter, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    How about these what do you think?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Himalayan-H310-Fleece-Lined-Leather-Winter-Thermal-Cold-Work-Drivers-Gloves-PPE/112210465691?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=412455671166&_trksid=p2055119.

I was watching them get made on How Its Made on the tele They are good gloves. Ive bought a pair will let you know how I get on.
    • CE Marked.

• Acrylic fleece lined.
    • Excellent cold and winter protection.
    • Quality product that is built to last.
    • Excellent humidity and cold resistance.
    • Conforms to EN388 2, 1, 3, 2.
    • Manufactured from full grain cow hide leather.
    • Edge binding.
    • Offers excellent tear and abrasion resistance.
    Ill dub them up and get them waterproof.They have no armour.I think they would be good enough to be kept with the bike, with my old helmet as a quick shove on for the petrol station or down to the shop.

• Like Like x 1
  13. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    ^^^^ is yellow is the only option? I don't want people thinking I'm riding around with washing up gloves :D

From the description it seems like it will hack our winter. You could wear a thin armoured summer glove n this on top. Not sure how bulky or awkward it will be for winter use. For the price it will be worth the try.

Do let us know how you get on ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jaykun85

Jaykun85 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Cheshire, United Kingdom
    I have just got a whole Rukka Kit . and the Rukka gloves I have to say are awesome

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    ^^^Rukka no arguments there buddy....I was once thinking about grabbing the whole kit but couldn't justify the cost £200+ just for the gloves. I don't ride everyday these days. I'm only out when the sun shines n the roads are dry :D.

17. Jaykun85

Jaykun85 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Cheshire, United Kingdom
    They are very expensive .. I got the kit where you get the Down thermal liner jacket and trousers .. so warm .. im planning to do a Tour so thought better buy some decent kit and the go to was the Rukka, got stuck in a down pour and was bone dry my other kit I would be soaked :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Rukka is the answer to wet weather riding...... You can never tell what weather you will encounter when riding out or when touring, so go with the best and you will never be wet......
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 1