You Are All Being Scamed And Do Not Realise!!!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Chris Wise, Jan 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I have just realised we are all being scammed and you properly do not realise it .Who is scamming us , it is obvious when you think about it ,it is the good old Insurance companies .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Took out a policy with a well know bike insurance company ,I added extra cover to cover my access payment and also to protect my No Claims Bonus . Back in April some old git pulled out in front of me and knock me of my Triumph Thruxton (not my fault ),done £2000 worth of damage .I had the bike repaired at my local Triumph Dealer paid them the £225 access and collected my bike .I rang my Insurance company who assured me I would be refunded my £225 access because I had protected my access payment and it would not affect my No Claims Bonus .Well here comes the scam , Here we are a year later ,not a penny of my £225 access money has been refunded and my renewal has increased by a massif amount .Rang my Insurance company to find out why my access has not been refunded and why my premium has increased ,told due to your accident .I tried to argue that I had all this covered but I was talking to a brick wall I contacted the Insurance Ombudsman to complain about I had paid an extra premium on my policy to protect all this and the Insurance company refused to honour there side of the bargain but the Ombudsman was has much use has a chocolate tea pot ,then I found out they are funded by the Insurance Companies so no surprise there The real problem all the Insurance Companies are the same and get away with it all the time and here is the really annoying bit ,you are legal bound to insure you bike and these rogues no that ,The conning bastards play on it

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    And so it has always been, nothing new there unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    if you paid extra to cover your excess i don't understand why you havn't received this back,do you have all the relevent paperwork, i would not renew with them ..name and shame them

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    This is an area of insurance many folk are ignorant about.

There are all sorts of questions arising starting with apportionment of blame. If it was established as the old dear’s fault (either by admission (which you are told not to do) or by conviction) you should be claiming on HER insurance, not yours. Many (most?!) insurers reduce their costs by knock for knock which means no arguing. However your uninsured loss - your policy excess - can be claimed from her insurance.....provided you have established her liability.

It seems your insurance has paid for your repairs, you have had a prompt repair but you have maybe not claimed the excess in the time limit specified in the small print.

The bottom line is that speedy repair is often the enemy of a steady finger of blame that gets the innocent fully recompensed. The insurers just want to minimise costs while meeting contractual liabilities......and they aren’t quite what most folk think they are. Always establish blame if you can. Even if there is no court case there is usually a police accident report you can buy.....if they even attended.

Finally, if you get insurance through a broker they are YOUR agent not the insurance company’s. Whatever they promise you does not bind the insurer. Great innit?

https://www.money.co.uk/excess-insurance/how-to-claim-on-your-excess-insurance.htm

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    I think to a degree you pay peanuts... MCE for example quote 100 / year where others may quote 200 and be a better company. Always risky business though making insurance claims and there is all this hire bikes and accident management stuff to deal with, all geared to making someone else money out of your own misfortune . I am with LV and do belive that they are a decent company. They were very reasonable with refunding my 2nd policy when I canceled last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    So you took out extra insurance to cover your excess. Did you make a claim on that or not ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh
    If you pay to have your no-claims protected, that not claims will still be protected in the event of a claim. So if you had 7 years, you will still have 7 years after claim with the discount you are entitled to.

However, you have also had a claim, and that needs to be declared for 5 years I think. And statiscally, someone who claims will most likely need to claim again. So your base premium (before no claims) will still go up come renewal.

And of course, there is the mumbo-jumbo computer magic 8-ball plucked out the sky figure that they come up to pass onto you as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Yes I made a claim when the accident happened and the Insurance Company ( Carole Nash ) assure me there would be no problem in claiming back the access I had to pay but every time I phone them about it ( there correspondence is almost non exitance it is always me that phone them )they always make an excuse ,it is like talking to a brick wall.I do not understand how they can get away with it ? .The Ombudsman was total useless and a waste of time .The way I see it I only have 2 option left .Take them to court but that would cost more then £225 and Carole Nash know that .The second option I have and it looks like it is the only one left is to admit defeat and put it down to a bad experience And yes I will not be renewing it with Carole Nash.When I renew my policy with a different insurance company I will be going for a zero access ,paying the extra to cover your access is a complete waste of money as I have found out

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Go to small claims court pretty sure you will win if all as is stated, if thats the case loser pays your costs, to be honest you'll be lucky if they even turn up to defend this if that's the case you win anyway case is heard no defence so usually found in your favour and your awarded costs(if asked for)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    That is an interesting point I will pursue that .Thanks TEZ 217

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    I am also insured with the "well known bike insurance company" and they are b*ggering me around. Similar incident - myopic old lady turn right over my path. apparently it was my fault according to her "witness". Insurance company won't pursue it, so I am losing out. The idea about small claims court seems good. I assume her witness would then have to make the same statement to a court.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    If you want them there in person to cross examine, and you lose, you could be pushing up the cost. Sometimes the Highway Code is your friend - especially if you were on the priority road - plus photos of then scene itself and lines of sigh of each driver. B&W on A4 print is good enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    ok - thanks for that. I've done all the line of sight/phots thing, but insurance company (loss adjusters) won't pursue due to the witness. To be honest, I'm sick of the whole thing and just want to move on. However, I am aggrieved at losing no NCB and the premium increasing. I'm probably old enough just to suck it up and move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    I had a cracker bewiser insurance an 1999 zrx1100 and an 2000 yzfr1,paid upfront had to sent pics of both logbooks all pages and my licence,then they charged me extra fees because I had a zzr1400 NOT and wrong reg WTF ,DOH I sent pics via email and they still got reg and model wrong,I paid because if they cancelled it that can cause major probs even though not my fault,ever been asked have you had internet insurance cancelled or refused it’s jus not worth the hassle sorry rant over.

• Agree Agree x 1