765 Yoshimura At2 Exhaust Install

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Dark Rider, Sep 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Short overview and installation of my Yoshimura AT2 exhaust.

After installation I went on a 200km ride and had no issues whatsoever. The fuelling felt pretty much the same and the bike pulled nicely through the rev range while being nice and loud. The decreased weight and slight bump in power can be felt in the mid range, pulls ever so slightly stronger now.

I did notice that the vibrations did increase quite a bit. I assume due to dropping so much mass from the stock exhaust. Not a big deal but noticeable. My mirrors vibrate more than they did before.

I ride without the dB killer in and its pretty loud, but a nice loud. Very happy with my purchase.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I stuck a Yoshi on my Street - it was an outstanding exhaust, and the sound was to die for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    #3 DannyJH, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    Hi, you say in the video that you didn't install the db killer and then mention in the text that you ride with it in. Was it so loud that you fitted it after all?
    Just ordered the AT2 the other day

Great vid BTW :)

4. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Hi! I think you misread? I don't ride with it in. It's been about 4 or 5 months now and haven't used the dB killer at all. You get used to the sound

5. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    So I did! Probably a few beers in when I read it lol

6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I decided to have a change of exhaust on my 2020 STRS, I removed the original factory exhaust and fitted a Yoshimura when I bought the bike new in 2020. I just fancied another change, and having looked at various aftermarket systems and more importantly the build quality, after weighing everything up I elected to buy a Scorpion, the build quality and finish is excellent, in my opinion it is built better than the Yoshimura, it weighs a little more, however that said it has an S shaped link pipe that really sets it off, the material is a thicker gauge, the removable baffle allen bolt is a lot easier to to access that the Yoshimura, it was also £300 cheaper, all in all I am more than happy with the new system, and it sounds good, though I have yet to test it out on the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    Looks nice, post a vid of how it sounds!
    What are you doing with the Yoshi, what drove you to fancying a change?

8. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Danny, I just fancied a change, I am lucky enough to be on my 82nd machine, I'm always chopping and changing, it comes from the sixties when anything went with altering your machine, it was all part of the rebellious nature of that era and to see how we could gain extra performance with little outlay, there were a group of us that were "Rockers" by heart and nature, we loved riding, most of us ate slept and awoke thinking bikes, our girlfriends went with us and embraced the lifestyle (no such thing as the snowflake brigade back then) they would have quickly melted away anyway. I have done a few extra tweaks to my STRS including a dyno set up and re map. There is a guy very near me that hand makes motorcycle exhausts, although one of his custom specials would "blast rabbits from holes" (and attract to much attention). My other passion was Mountaineering, Climbing and White Water Kayaking. But I will be a biker until the day I depart. Ride safe from an ageing Rocker.

• Like Like x 1
  9. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Think you made a good choice there. The Scorpion can looks better than the Yoshi. Any chance of a pic showing the whole bike with the new can?

10. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    Fantastic, that's a wonderful story, 82 bikes, wow, thanks for sharing!
    I grew up just outside of Brighton in the 70s / 80s and remember the old mods and rockers on bank holiday Mondays, not sure if any of that goes on nowadays?
    Take care.

11. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    Fantastic, that's a wonderful story, 82 bikes, wow, thanks for sharing!
    I grew up just outside of Brighton in the 70s / 80s and remember the old mods and rockers on bank holiday Mondays, not sure if any of that goes on nowadays?
    Take care.

12. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Ah shame, quite interesting though. SA accent is usually quite a tough one to loose, but guess it depends how Afrikaans you are :laughing:

13. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

She's as Dutch as they come. In fact in addition she's got the EU passport as well.

14. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Danny, no thankfully those days are well and truly gone, at almost all bike events people interact positively with others no matter what they ride, scooters, mopeds, trikes etc. It's true the sixties and seventies saw fierce rivalries between groups mainly (Mods and Rockers), that said the media often exaggerated events and whipped up the public to demonise and fear motorcyclists, it's a complex subject, albeit quite fascinating and one that is part of our history and very well documented, when looking back the cultures and sub cultures are fascinating,

• Like Like x 3
  15. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    Hi @Dark Rider, The Yoshi arrived today and I fitted it in no time thanks to your great demo!
    I took it out for an hour earlier and noticed a very slight flat spot in the rev range when the throttle is opened a decent amount, around 4-5K rpm.
    Have you noticed similar, have you had any fuel remaps done?

16. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Hi! Glad to hear it!

I didnt notice any flat spots in the RPM range on mine.

There is also something called "The 10 minute tune" where you run the bike for 10minutes at idle without touching anything and let the ecu adjust to the new exhaust. I didnt do that on mine but maybe you can read up about it and see if it helps you out?

I havent done any fuel remaps etc since installation, been running it as is. I've done track days and about 4000kms since then.

Keep us updated, cheers!

17. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks man, I'll try and get out for a bit longer tomorrow and see if I still notice it, probably me just being paranoid lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    Hi @Dark Rider, I did the adaptive reset, still notice the flat spot. Spoke to Triumph dealer today and they said they have a new fuel map for aftermarket slip-ons and they mentioned that they'd expect a similar situation that I'd explained by changing to a straight through pipe as you'd loose some back pressure. Have booked in for the new map next week, will let you know if it makes a difference.
    BTW i'd been riding the bike for 2 years with the stock can so i guess i am more sensitive to a change, i think you changed yours a lot sooner?

19. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa

Ok great, maybe that will help? After you mentioned that I did notice a very slight flat spot at 5k rpm.

I changed my exhaust out after about 2 months.

Since I was not commuting to work all my riding has been on the track or mountain passes so haven't really stayed in the lower RPM's for long enough to notice.

Yesterday I rode in to the office for the first time since owning the bike and having fitted the yoshi. Lane splitting and being in the lower rpms most of the time, I can notice a slight spot. Nothing id be too concerned about though.

Ya I think after 2 years you'd be more in tune with the change as opposed to me who only has been using my bike on the weekends for fast riding.

Ill see if my dealer has the latest map for me as well and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the update :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. DannyJH

DannyJH New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    Sydney Australia
    the sound is to die for though man!!

• Like Like x 1