Rideout Yorkshire dales ride out in the Spring? just a preliminary thought.

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Englishman, Jan 31, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    I'm thinking, a full day riding around the splendour of the Yorkshire dales.
    I used to organize a tour round the Yorkshire Dales every year when I was national events co-ordinator for a certain club dedicated to German motorbikes. I've lived here all my life and its fair to say, I know it quite well.

I normally avoid places like Hawes and the surrounding area as its popular with power-ranger dick-heads sporting bizarre "humps" on their backs, who think they are on a race track. Therefore, I always led rides to the less well known places at road legal speeds.

I wouldn't be officially organizing anything, but will be happy to suggest a route depending on what folks would like to see. I know many a camping venue and decent pub accommodation if any shandy drinkers fancy seeing the real world.

Just summat to think about.

Al

• Like Like x 2
  2. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    That's a resounding NO then :biggrin:

3. Narayan

Narayan New Member

Feb 9, 2014
    That sounds like a great idea I'm up for that!

4. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Nov 15, 2013
    North Yorkshire

I'm up for this mate!!

5. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Hi Chaps
    Thanks for your interest. I will put a basic proposal together then and yay, it shall be.

Al

6. shandy_bass

shandy_bass Guest

Did I miss this?
    Probably since only been a forum member a month :upyeah:

7. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    Why resurrect a thread where until today the last post was in March?

It would have helped if a start and end location were originally posted, my biker group tend to organise Saturday rides it avoids the Sunday idiots on Blades and R1s

• Like Like x 1