Thruxton Yoke Protector

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Dave Roxburgh, Jul 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Roxburgh

Dave Roxburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    Anyone found a good yoke protector? My alarm fob is making a right mess of my yoke. I'll bung some insulator tape on it until I find something better.

BTW, if you didn't get an alarm - good choice - it's a pain in the arse. What's that customer, you want an alarm you can turn on and off? Oh No!! Thatcham says you can't be trusted to turn it on so it does it automatically, which is a complete pain in the arse. And the procedure to active 'Winter mode'? Six stage process. Exiting Winter mode? Ah, that's even more obscure. Flipping heck. I wish I'd just bought a fucking big lock!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    I replaced the key ring with a much smaller one so the fob doesn't touch the yolk. also do yourself a favour and buy a bypass plug. my alarm failed and immobilised the bike , fortunately I had one with me. I've a spare it you can't get one. I agree it's a pita, activates before I can even fill the tank up. if I hadn't declared it to my insurance company I would remove it.

3. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    Leather key fob. I put clear packing tape on the yoke. 3 years and no scratches.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Put a little piece of Velcro where the fob touches, not pretty but saves damage

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave Roxburgh

Dave Roxburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Suffolk
    Ah, interesting. Did your alarm have the option of the PIN code bypass? I haven't set mine up yet but maybe I should!

6. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    yes it had a PIN set but this never worked. apparently early alarm units developed a fault and get replaced under warranty. mine was replaced but I still carry a bypass plug.

7. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    If you can get a bypass plug that’s really sound advice, I haven’t used any alarm since 2006 my zx10 was immobilised and no one could bypass it apart from Kawasaki that removed it and rewired the bike..
    Unfortunately every alarm wire was black so it was a mission for them.

And costly for me.