Yamaha to re-make the RD 350LC

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Richard H, Aug 9, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Reading through this weeks MCN I came across an artical about Yamaha's plans to manufacture updated versions of some of their classic and most popular bikes of the past; great I thought put me down for a new RD 350 now!

Then I read on on Yamaha's 'spokesman' says the RD would have to have a four stroke motor because of emmisions :mad: Well Yamaha if it's a four stroke it ain't an RD! Cancel my order.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Wow that would be a great come back. Triumph do very well with their classic range and unfortunately for Ducati they were 5 years ahead of their time with the classic range. However you try and find a Ducati sport 1000s these days!!!

3. kaivalagi

kaivalagi Member

Jul 31, 2013
    It's a total waste of time and to me an insult to the original 2 stroke by now making it a 4 stroke....better off not doing it IMHO

• Like Like x 2
  4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Quite like the idea of some new reto inspired bikes and think they could do a decent job of a new old XS 750 3 cylinder but the RD name belongs to two stokes so hope they dont go there with a four stroke motor.
    Wonder why no one ha tried to clean up two stoke technology? Have to say I loved seeing my RD clear it's throat from cold; just coming into the power band there would be a huge cloud of blue haze behind and the thing was off like a scalded cat.... Loved that bike.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kaivalagi

kaivalagi Member

Jul 31, 2013
    With today's emission laws we see even a decently engineered 4 stroke being crippled by rubbish fuelling setup to meet legislation, so with a 2 stroke and the way it works (including oil in the burn) there is no hope of getting it through...without it becoming something other than a 2 stroke anyway

6. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Diesel's the way forward! Devil.gif

Devil.gif

• Like Like x 2
  7. kaivalagi

kaivalagi Member

Jul 31, 2013
    lol, well I just went with the next best thing didn't I, uber torque from 2300cc ;)

September it will be available for pick up! Too bloody long!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Did someone mention triples :wink:

9. kaivalagi

kaivalagi Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Atleast post a triumph triple on a triumph forum lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Did anyone else pick up on the guy saying that the Yamaha triple was cheap? so in other words it's a poor mans Street / Speed Triple then :wink:

11. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Yamaha have been overpriced for years so it's about time they bought their prices down. Suprised more manufactures have not started building a triple; I've owned four cylinder bikes, singles and twins in the past and the Triumph triple is one of the best; smooth, low down power and plenty of torque.

• Like Like x 2
  12. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    And you pass other stuff like it isn't even there!