yahoo! i've won a prize

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Jan 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I received an email a couple of days ago saying I've won a prize in a competition, thought it sounded weird cause i hadn't entered any and the fact they wanted me to email them and then they would tell me how to obtain my prize got me a little suspicious, this a copy of the first email from them
    Motorcycle Diaries team would like to inform you that you are one of the winners of our motorcycle-diaries & Motul competition for the people that subscribed to our website.
    You have won a Motul gift pack.
    Congratulations!!!
    If you contact us via email we will inform you how to proceed to obtain your prize.
    Have a great day!!
    Kind regards,
    Joana Rodrigues

[​IMG]
    i emailed the website direct and it's right enough:)
    i had subscribed (free) to the motorcycle-diaries.com initially just to check out the various routes/roads on it,However i noticed there were only 3 roads in Scotland so i thought i would put a few on, i managed to put 3 roads on it with a few pictures but there wasn't any mention of a competition anywhere:confused: i got another email today saying my gift is on it's way...don't know whats in the motul gift pack..probably a pen or a keyring i'll update once it arrives;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Whatever you win,it's a freebie.
    Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #3 Dougie D, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Wow!!! i wasn't expecting this :):):):)
    4lt of the most expensive synthetic ester 10w40
    can of insect remover
    can of wash&wax
    can of brake cleaner
    can of wheel cleaner
    can of helmet & visor cleaner
    can of Air filter oil
    2 quality key rings
    1 t-shirt
    pair of Rudy "Spinhawk" sunglasses..some of the moto gp guys wear them,I'll give them to my son
    1 "suitsuit" case..googled it and it's over £100!!
    1 waterproof rucksack,,quality item but a bit bright
    Thanks to http://www.motorcycle-diaries.com/ i did put a link up when i joined so maybe someone else has won a box of goodies!
    P1020718_edited-1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Cheers Ade,certainly a surprise as i didn't know I'd entered a competition..i reckon there's about £300 worth!

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    round to yours to get our bikes cleaned then

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    no excuse now!

7. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Nice one Dougie !

• Like Like x 1
  8. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Result!
    I like the Motul wash and go,some of us have had to spend their hard earned on 2 new bottles :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Result Dougie, well done :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    :p:p:p:D

11. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Jings! Result. So I'll be swinging by Blairgowie for a wee spruce up on my way up to Inverness in the summer then.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Congratulations Dougie!

Do you remember Hot Wheels? When I was a boy a kid from the neighborhood came back from the fairground, smiling from ear to ear: He had won the jackpot at the lottery there and picked a brand new Hot Wheels race track with the all-new electric cars.
    I HAD to go there to try my luck and on the walk there, my dad went all blablabla about how small the chances were to win another jackpot for myself and that I should not be disappointed and so it went, blabla...

Well I bought 5 lottery-tix and... ...got the jackpot too!
    Man was I a happy kid :):):)

Have fun with the stuff!
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Cheers Winglad,can't say i remember Hot Wheels,,i always wanted a scalextric when i was a kid..never got one though:(

14. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Bloody hell Dougie!
    There's enough stuff there to set up a Motul franchise.
    Do you think you have been rewarded for adding the routes ?
    Without wanting to piss on your bonfire I hope you haven't entered into some unsuspecting con by accepting the products. Check all the small print very carefully.
    With the amount of scams constantly on the go I am highly suspicious of all things of this nature.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #15 Winglad, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    That brings back forgotten memories...
    IMG_0408.JPG

And this was the docking station for charging... (on this pic it is just a mechanical accelerator)
    IMG_0409.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Those were called Carrera in Germany. Oh yeah! Great stuff. Could never part with it.
    Beats virtual-gaming by lightyears...
    IMG_0410.JPG

17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I don't know if it was because i added a few routes or just because i registered,maybe they give out a prize to someone every so often,but there was no mention of a competition anywhere:confused: To use the website fully you have to register which involves entering your name and email address only,it's free to do this, so i've no idea how they make thier money:confused: like you i'm pretty suspicious about things like this,i read the terms and conditions first and nothing set any alarm bells off,and when i first got the email i did think it sounded dodgy so i didn't reply to it, but i went on the website and contacted them that way,the box came from Belgium as thats where they are based.also on the website there is pics of the folk involved with some info about them,it all seems to be legit, maybe they are just doing this as a hobby,but it is a bit confusing how they can manage to give away prizes like this,i did notice that it said one of the guys is in oil sales and marketing so maybe he has a connection with Motul? i must admit the trolly case,Waterproof rucksack and sunglasses are all top quality gear and my bike will be happy as it will be getting pampered with the Fully synthetic ester oil!:)

• Like Like x 3
  18. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Great stuff, I'm well pleased for you, not often you get 'owt for nowt' these days.

• Like Like x 1