Tiger 800 Xrx Wobbling At High Speed

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Raj SK, Jul 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Raj SK

Raj SK New Member

Jun 19, 2018
    KL, MY
    Yesterday when I take my XRX and did 165kmh on the straight then it starts wobbling badly. Release the throttle in time to avoid crashes. I did the same thing again tying to see whether it'll be wobble again at same speed and yes it's start to feel wobble anything above 160kmh.

Is any of you guys has the same problem and how do you fix them? I don't think this is normal for Tiger, right?

Thanks

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    There is a similar active thread with a guy in the Czech Republic.

Apart from what I have mentioned to him about wheel balance and alignment plus pinched forks the biggest cause is generally tyres (tires to you!) - Squared off and cupped fronts are an issue but some patterns on some bikes are just a lousy marriage.

Unless you are hard core dirt riding - and often - I would switch to something like a Michelin PR4. Block tread looks the part but its only advantage is on loose surfaces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Raj SK

Raj SK New Member

Jun 19, 2018
    KL, MY
    I've fitted mine with Metzeler Roadtec 01. Only did thousand km with it so don't think it squared off. thinking going back to the shop and check the balancing.

Any other reason? I'll check the other thread to see whether he got it fixed or not. Thanks!

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    There is a host of possibilities that make online diagnosis difficult.

Unweighting the front wheel with screens, luggage etc., seating position even holding on too tight and fighting natural movement. Tyre pressures, balance, alignment Google it!