Xe1200 Scrambler Replacement Key Unrecognized

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rocketz, Feb 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rocketz

rocketz New Member

Feb 19, 2022
    indonesia
    #1 rocketz, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Hi,
    Lost my FOB key for my XE1200 scrambler,ordered from dealer for replacement and sent VIN and the plate.when it arrive it cant be recognized by the bike.tank and seat key is fit.
    I put the the key inside box under seat (sensor) and also try on the headlight but still unidentified.the problem is the nearest dealer is 800km away from me.does anyone know how to pair the replacement key?
    Thank you.

2. rocketz

rocketz New Member

Feb 19, 2022
    indonesia
    i try to put standard key into the box under seat,it can be start.but the new FOB key didnt work.plese help

3. moparnut72

moparnut72 New Member

Feb 12, 2022
    Quincy, California
    I don't know about Triumphs but with Moto Guzzis, only dealers can do it.
    kk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rocketz

rocketz New Member

Feb 19, 2022
    indonesia
    yes,this would be troublesome when we travelling arround the world away from dealer.

5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    As above, I too think it's a dealer only fix i'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Canada Rob

Canada Rob Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2021
    canada
    dealer has to program the key to the ECU before it will see it, same thing with the non-fob keys, the dealer has to sync it to the ECU, and even if you have the TUNE-ECU software, the dealer is the only one that can do it

7. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    HM , I bought a replacement key for my Mazda 3 , as one key stopped working , even though the battery was ok.
    The way to program the new key was - something like :- unlock car(key in lock) pressing the "Button" key in ignition turning it and pressing button , with key in IGN, lock and unlock doors , this was done in a specific sequence , I can't remember all , but the basic information is using a working key to trigger 'ecu' coding to key...

8. Rheza Ridwan

Rheza Ridwan New Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Indonesia

Hi it also happen to me, we need to confirm the fob key and the key les module on the bike has the same RF, as my understanding there is three kind of RF 434,343 and 315, you need to confirm the they are booth in the sam RF , this is just the first step , even you have order the lock set using vin number,

good luck … will up date mine later after check .. also still working on it ..