Wow! First Ever Real Road Rage Incident

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gazzatheyid, Nov 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    kidderminster Worcestershire
    Mate,

Some car drivers over here do exactly the same even though filtering is legal. Some watch out for bikes but the BMWAudiI'mmoreimportantthanyou wankers are out there in ever increasing numbers making biking far more dangerous than it used to be

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. triumph900

triumph900 Member

Dec 24, 2017
    VA
    Well, it is better to give than receive...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Morgan83

Morgan83 New Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Nanoose Bay, Canada
    I like that! "Active search"

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Winglad

Winglad The Ungerman
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    :no_mouth::no_mouth: How come, it is mainly BMW, Audi and Mercedes over here as well!? :D
    Those drivers all boast with their sportive image. Did anyone tell them what sport is about and that it does NOT mean, you have the RIGHT to be first!? :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tim L

Tim L Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Norn Iron
    I'm a c*#t - I have an Audi AND Range Rovers :p

And I filter!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Winglad

Winglad The Ungerman
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    I am sure, you are the exception to the rule!

When I talked to my dad about joining the army (he‘s a pacifist) years ago, he looked at me and said:
    „Do what you have to do. Anyway, I am convinced even they need some intelligent people in their club.“

I did not join. I felt, I wasn‘t the exception :D

Oh! And he always drove a BMW sedan as long, as I can think back.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

I thought that Lieutnant Gruber's character was based on your time in the German army Winglad? :cool: :p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Winglad

Winglad The Ungerman
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    Shit. Trapped.
    I thought without hair, I‘d be incognito...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Senior Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    That's the trouble these days you never know which breed of nutter your going to encounter...i was terrible when i was younger and on the bike if you came close to threatening my life with your driving no quarter it wasn't wing mirrors it was whole panels or a window...never challenged.

These day i have not had any problems on the bike probably dont ride enough but i am always swearing and hand signals in the car today's drivers are crap but i would certainly think twice about getting out of the car at my age.

Funny incidents from the past... a mate was rather short tempered and got cut up and stopped the car who did it they both got out and the other driver just cold cocked him and left him spark out at the side of the road.

One of mine ...was turning right at a staggered junction already moving and a builders truck comes out of the other side junction and causes me to swerve to miss him...me driving a custom car stops in the middle of the road and gets out an approaches the builders truck and the two burly guys inside just lock their doors and make lots of placating gestures...i am not a big guy...must have been the look on my face.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Talking of road rage not always going to plan...

Many moons ago when I'd just passed my car test. I was sat at a T junction behind an old mini fitted with L plates.

The driver kept trying to pull out but stalling the mini. This happened at least half a dozen times. However I resisted the temptation to blast my horn. As I'd only passed my test a matter of days before. So I was fully aware how impatient other drivers could be with learners.

Anyway..... The stalling went on & on & on. The guy in the passenger seat made no attempt to take over & get the mini out of my way & the 30+ vehicles that had built up behind me!

So eventualy I leant on the horn...... BIG MISTAKE! :confused:
    The angry looking passenger got out & came walking back towards my car. He was fu#kin massive! At a guess he was close to 7ft tall & built like a brick shit house!
    How the f#ck he fitted into that mini I will never know? Unless he was sitting on the back seat?

He got to my drivers window & demanded to know what my problem was?

All I could think to say was.....

"Sorry mate. It's not what your thinking. My car has been in & out of the local Ford garage for the last 3 months. They can't get to the bottom of why the horn keeps going off on it's own? I reckon it could be a dodgy earth?"

He smiled, walked away & swapped places with the driver to move the mini.

I reckon he knew the truth but it's amazing what you can come up with on the spur of the moment in such situations! :eek:

After that the horn of my Cortina never played up again! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    Pity you hadn't dug the hole in you floor then as I am sure you would sorted him out there and then.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

I was a relatively skinny & very spotty teenage yoof back then Joe.
    He'd have ripped one of my limbs off & bludgeoned me with the soggy end! o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    My my how times have changed:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  14. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Yes Ade, now I do the limb removal & bludgeoning with the soggy end. Especially if the recipient is a scrawny, sarcastic, BMW riding Hobbit! :cool: :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Winglad

Winglad The Ungerman
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    Don‘t you pick on the Hobbits, Boromir, but remember: They invented Golf! :yum

16. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    I used to like you :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Winglad

Winglad The Ungerman
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2016
    Germany
    I still do... :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    If you carry a can of whoop ass you could open it only to find out it's empty, expired, or a cheap fake

The cemeteries are full of people who had the right of way, or were in the "right"

Food for thought, my companies risk managers states - do not swerve to avoid an accident, the rest can be sorted out in court maybe. Easy for them to say.

You can't outrun a bullet.

People in cars, are very well protected in a safety cage "cocoon" and invincible to their stupidity.

• Like Like x 3