Wow couldnt believe it

Discussion in 'Insurance' started by Gazmo65, Aug 8, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gazmo65

Gazmo65 New Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Just bought myself a 1999 Speed Triple and couldn't believe the insurance quote £163 fully comp through Bennets, havent owned a bike for 4 years last bike was a GPZ1000 but my lad bought a Kawasaki ER6 last year after passing his test and I have ridden that (nice bike torquey engine and quick) so I was starting fresh no NCD 47 year old full time carer/house person (dont you just love these terms insurance companies use) wife has MS she told me to get the bike ( I know normally they want a new kitchen ) I was happy to pay this what do others think.

2. Toad076

Toad076 Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Essex .. Near Bas Vegas
    Good price all things considered .. Have just insured mine with Bennetts as well .. '00 955i Speedy .. £68 ... '04 Aprilia Tuono .. £89 .. Both fully comp ... Enjoy ya Speedy :upyeah:

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Yep I'm with Bennets 5 years NCB and about £150 fully comp on 2012 Speed Triple only with them because of price though; they gave me quite allot of hassle on what mod was and was not allowed a couple of years ago when I had my Ducati.

Enjoy your Speed Triple :upyeah:

4. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I just spent next year's new kitchen fund on my latest bike! The quote is excellent considering the circumstances!

5. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    #5 folkbloke, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    Be careful with Bennetts that they don't try the automatic renewal trick.

I was with them for one year and when I asked them to remove the automatic renewal they got quite aggressive.

My wife also had to cancel a policy after just 6 weeks due to an injury meaning she couldn't ride the bike and from a £125 premium she got back about £20 (read the small print very carefully) .

Hastings Direct for the past 3 years. They consistently come up with the best deal, for me at least. About £80 fully comp for the America. Mind you, I've not had to make a claim and that's where the issues often are.

• Like Like x 1
  6. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Just had them try that with me blighters soon stopped that :upyeah:

7. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    just had my insurance renewal from Bennetts for my speedmaster, loads of money £178, i rang Bennets and asked if they could do a better deal after going through my policy they found an error in the garage postcode and said i would need it to be ammended before she could requote but it would cost me £25 to change with 6 day of the policy left i said i didn't want to pay this so she said she would cancel my policy (NICE) and she asked if that was ok so i said ok, so with the bike now uninsured i started the long path of searching for a better deal ,went on the comparision site got a good deal from Wicked Quotes but lacked the leather and helmet protection for £129 happy days ,Carole Nash was about the same,then tried Hastings as someone said they do good deals,so phoned them up went through all the usual bits and pieces ,they came back with about £135 then he offera premier policy after i asked about leathers this came back £146 so i said being a bit cheeky i had a cheaper quote he told me to hold and after a couple of minutes came back with £1000 cover on helmet and leather ,90 day european cover ,legal potection £50 volentry excess all for the princly sum of £119.78 so after taking it up i'm well chuffed.So from a bad experiance with Bennets to a guy that DID give a crap at Hasting. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  8. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Bennets only seem to do good deals for "Brand new customers only". Orange (sorry, EE) and others do the same. I've never really understood this - you would think that loyalty would count for something? Apparently sweet FA!

9. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I just hope Hastings are OK when it comes to claims! I'm pleased you got sorted :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  10. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Loyalty counts for nothing anymore

11. chrispy

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Hopefully i won't have to find out ,fingers crossed :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toad076

Toad076 Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Essex .. Near Bas Vegas
    Had same with the AA coupla years ago .. First year premium on car £350 fully comp ... renewal was £793 .. There reasoning was that I had had an accident that was deemed (by them) my fault. My car was stationary with brake on and someone drove into back of it ... Changed to someone else straight away .. They also try the auto renewal trick

13. wilkie

wilkie Member

May 16, 2012
    Thats true, been working for the same company for 30 years so i know, B@@@@@@s.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KLINK

KLINK Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Brize Norton
    #14 KLINK, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

I've just renewed 5 years NCD and 45. Paid £156 Fully Comp with Hastings Direct. £300 voluntary £300 compulsory.
    They wanted £190 this time round but a quick flea in there ear and a nod towards a comparison website had them knock a bit off.:upyeah:

Mind you the bike is hardly new. 2003 old Daytona 955 so....but....I'm Chuffed.:smile:

15. bonniebuddy

bonniebuddy New Member

Sep 16, 2014
    A good point! I was with them but didn't like their renewal quote so went somewhere else: Motorcycle Direct.
    When Bennets tried to talk me into renewing, after being held in a queue for quite some time, I just told them that I'm considering selling the bike.
    That shut them up!!!!!:biggrin:

16. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Been with Footman James for 4 years, this years quote was £238 and they have altered the conditions, I could no longer ride another bike on the policy,also they do not give any NCB on the classic policy and my excess was £250. Went to Carole Nash,got the same insurance from the same insurer, can use other bikes and only £100 excess to boot. They have accepted my NCB after me calling Footman James and asking for proof and emailing it to Carole Nash. Well we will see next year,who knows,may have to shop around again.