Would like to increase leg room on new speed triple

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by jackhammer, Jun 19, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jackhammer

jackhammer New Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Could somebody please advise if it is possible to increase the legroom availability on a new speed triple?. I am 6' 3"/190cms, not overly tall but would like to feel less compressed in the knee area.

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #2 Screwball, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    Only if you buy aftermarket rear sets... or chop a few inches off your legs...
    If you increase rear ride height then you decrease rake & trail at the front possibly making it slightly twitchy as the steering head angle will have decreased making it steer quicker.
    They normally do this mod for racing bikes as on track you sacrifice stability for quicker steering.
    If you lower the footpegs with rear sets then you will increase the risk of hitting them as you corner as well depending on how you ride..

Think i have covered most things including amputation....:eek:

[​IMG]

3. jackhammer

jackhammer New Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Many thanks screwball, Think I''ll give the leg shortening a miss cheers duder!.........U got any thoughts on these vario footrest adjusters?.......

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Jackhammer
    Not seen them before but its just a cheaper rear set. it does the same thing which is alter the position of the footpeg.. Seems like a cheap option and way cheaper than rearsets.
    For that price id give it a go

5. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    I heard of a guy who got the seat thickend. Those few extra centimeters make a big difference.

6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Your not wrong......

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark

I knew it!!! But ok, you beat Bry :tongue: you get the points Screwball

• Like Like x 2
  8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #8 Screwball, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    You made It so easy...

9. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    #9 Richard H, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    I am currently looking at options to give me a little more leg room on my Speed Triple, like you I am 6' 3" and while the the bike is comfortable I did find the legs a little cramped on my recent 1500 Mile Scotish Tour.
    I can sacrifice a little ground clearance in corners as I haven't touched the pegs down as yet

10. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Didn't Bry have some rear sets on his green s3??

11. Kradser

Kradser Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Esbjerg Denmark
    I would like some rearsets, not for leg room, cos Im only a shorty, just for positioning. I think its a much more sporty position having the feet a bit back. Feels good too....
    Anybody tried those cheap rearsets from fleabay??

12. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Did, mate - to be honest they didn't feel any different from standard, even n their highest and most rearward position but they look sooo firkin cool! Another 350 quids worth of bling that isn't transferable to the new one. Bugger! :frown: