wots it worth

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gary w, Sep 20, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gary w

gary w Member

Sep 7, 2013
    hello chaps I've got trophy 1200 1995 absolutely mint with 7000 mils on the clock just wondered wot its worth

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France

£600 to £800.

3. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Jeez, is that all? Really?

4. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well that's my view of it.

The way I look at is this: how popular were/are these bikes? Not very, to be honest. No matter how good they were/are, they are still known as top heavy old-style bikes - in other words completely out of fashion.

Yes it's low mileage, yes it's in great nick, but the majority of buyers will pay out more money to get an 1100GS/Pan European/ etc etc etc because they BELIEVE it'll be a better tourer. Doesn't matter if they are right or not, their opinion will stop them showing any interest - no interest, no value so low price.

I know it might seem not fair, but that's just the way it goes.

5. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    So it's just a personal opinion?

6. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Go to E bay to advanced search, type in Triumph Trophy 1200, click on motorcycles and scooters, click on completed listings and you will see all the Trophy 1200' s that have sold and not sold.
    Looks like its worth somewhere around £1500.00 but I've not been through all the listings. Interesting what people think their bike is worth and what they actually sell for.

7. pistonbloke

pistonbloke Member

Mar 5, 2013
    hi gents , dont be offended but something of value is only worth what somebody is willing to pay !

good luch withe your sale and hope u get a good price and she goes to a good home -pistonbloke :upyeah:

8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Richard, I just tried what you said and I found a slightly different result. If you look only at the same age bikes, most of them didn't sell and those that did, only sold for around £900.

As PB says, an item is only worth what someone is prepared to pay, and for old-style Triumph tourers, there is not an orderly queue forming. This does not in any way mean they are not a good bike, just not a very popular bike in the marketplace.

Cheers
    Dave

9. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Most had much higher miles; 7000 is nothing......... Have more than that on my year old Speed Triple. Got to add to its value. If the above bike is mint and 7000 miles I would buy it now at £900.00 as a winter hack.
    I keep looking at Enduro machines as a second bike and am Suprised how much old DZR and knackered looking Honda 400 singles make, guess people like having an off road machine as a second bike rarther than an old touring machine.

10. TOBY

TOBY New Member

Aug 20, 2013
    northumberland
    Recently sold my 900 sprint for 1800 quid.I would wait now till the spring early summer, you have a much better chance of a decent price.