Worst Bike Show

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Chris Wise, Sep 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Just payed £23 to go and see a few bikes in a car park ,what a rip off .It was meant to have a been A celebration of Triumph .Absolute rubbish ,nothing to see except like me the bikes that people came on .there where about 3 stands but one of them was a knitting stand , Great ! not even a burger van there £23 pound for that .Well done the Triumph Owners Club .I will not be attending any more of your shows !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Did you buy anything from the knitting stand?o_Oo_Oo_O

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    A reflection of latest Triumph quality

4. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Same thing being said on all the forums :-(

5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Most people post pictures after a show but really does look like nothing there as non posted on here? Blank blank blank!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Yeah I went to the bonneville 60 also, I am a member of the owners club but won't bother renewing after that shower of shit, as said by all there was nothing there only a few bikes on show and most needed cleaning !!!! The best bikes were in the car park !!
    there was nothing at all to buy, no trade stands to mention, most trade stands didn't bother turning up, norman hyde and the other engine anorak talking were as boring as hell, pinstripe man was brill but needed a lead light it was that dark in there, all in all a total waste of time, words don't describe just how bad it was.
    I'm wondering if the trifest at skegness in October is going to be any better, do I really want to attend another shower of shit event and pay for it, I wonder if there's a knitting owners club i could join instead !!

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Forgot to mention the band " old skool "playing on Friday evening were brill, I can't comment on Saturdays band " miles to derby " I lost the will to go back in the evening, so took the bonnie up Cat n Fiddle and a drink at the yew tree on way home instead

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Just had a go at this knitting malarkey, dropped 3 stitches and managed to impale myself, might put my gloves on and fit a clear visor next time, " respect to all knitters "

• Funny Funny x 8
  10. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Just had a go at this knitting malarkey, dropped 3 stitches and managed to impale myself, might put my gloves on and fit a clear visor next time, " respect to all knitters "

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Please tell me what MAG is, and put me out my misery trying to work it out

12. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Indirectly this thread has part answered a question for me whether it's worth joining the Triumph Owners Club unless others know different.Was this a nationally organised event or just by local branch?.As I have been also to major car manufacturers owners club events only to never renew membership there either.

13. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    So it was a bit like the non-event T-Fest 2018 then? Went to two dealers on that day and found nothing going on at either. Was tempted to go to the Bonnie Day but I am rather glad now I didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Thanks for the mags link, I need to look into this in more detail.
    I'm of the same opinion as bobw, bonneville 60 has probably been organized by the local triumph owners club, the event didn't seem to have any advanced scheduling and most trade stands didn't bother to turn up. Will be an interesting discussion no doubt at the next owners club meet on thursday

15. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    I posted a thread on the owners club forum about my disappointment of yesterday's bonneville 60 event, it now can't be found and seems to of been removed without trace

16. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    AFAIK it was Lincs branch that organised it. Not a Triumph Hinkley thing.

The 'quality' of the branches does vary. Bedford branch for instance is dead in the water - complete waste of time. Nothing ever organised yet still taking in membership fees. I'm trying to get a branch off the ground out of Woburn, but because we're less than the required 20 miles from both Bedford and the Red Lion Wilstead (where the half-dozen old boys occasionally meet of a Monday) they've objected. I got 48 people signed up over one weekend and a bit expressing a strong interest. We've sent in an appeal.

Northants branch by comparison is very active and does good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Sissy pants :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. adethetrade

adethetrade Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    cannock
    #18 adethetrade, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    I also went on Saturday with tent ready to camp after initial walk round which took 5 minutes looked for the rest just in case some one was hiding in another field? no one there Looked at the old bonnevilles, It started to rain and some of the owners took the bikes off show!, I managed to find the 1 cafe Sausage roll, Pie and a Coffee £9.80, one more look round and then left to go Home.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Was a member of TOMCC for a couple of years back in the late 90's, remember the club magazine being antiquated even back then, they were happy to take membership money from Hinckley Triumph owners (which I was/am) but was 99% Meriden focused. Soon decided (for me) they were a waste of space.
    In the early Hinckley days Triumph set up RAT and put out a nice magazine, I think they were trying to create similar to HOG for Harley's, but I get the impression they've since just left it up to the dealers - so I imagine some are good others not so...
    They do still do an on-line magazine fortheride.com and I hear Triumph are no longer involved in the annual gathering in Neukirchen Austria.
    Seems to me that Triumph are keeping their distance from any club/event for fear of getting it wrong?
    .....Or is there just no profit there.

20. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    There must be some old sepia Kodak Brownie photos somewhere but buggered if I can find 'em) :joy::joy::joy::joy:
    Please don’t bust a gut tryin to find em, I’ve only just ad mi breakfast :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1