Featured World Record

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by akko, Jul 2, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. akko

akko New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    mansfield nottts
    hi everyone i am asking for your help . we are helping a young lady named jess ,she is 29 and has 6 brain tumours she is raising money to give to the childrens research centre so others dont suffer as she has . jess wants to donate £29000 a £1000 for each year of her short life . jess knows time is not on her side but with your help we could reach her goal .we are doing a guinness world record attempt for the largest parade of triumph motorcycles in mansfield nottingham . jess has already raised £17000 so this could help her reach that goal please show your support for this brave young lady . go to staffordshirebikeshow.co.uk/worldrecord/ for full details . if you cant make it please help jess by spreading the word . its on the 4th of september ,just £5 donation . many thanks akko

• Like Like x 5
  2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    One question why is the donation to charity compulsory?
    I would be very surprised if that is part of the rules from the Guiness Book of Records.

3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Good luck Akko,Mansfield looks pretty central for you English guys so hopefully you will get a good turnout,I'm on hols that week,going to be doing the NC500 with my wife otherwise i'd be up for it

4. akko

akko New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    mansfield nottts
    Hi gary it's nothing to do with the Guinness rules we are trying to raise money for Jess to give to the children's charity before Jess passes as its her dying wish to raise as much as she can so children don't have to go through what she has had to go through,it's the organisers (me) who is asking for the £5 donation. Hope this answers your question thanks Akko .

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Akko i had a look at the site as i was going to donate £5.00, but it seems you have to register for the world record attempt first..if you can find a link for people to donate and put it on here i'm sure there will be plenty people willing to donate to the cause even if they can't manage to join the parade

6. akko

akko New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    mansfield nottts
    Hi dougie if you go on google put in help Jessica Simpkin it will take you to her just giving page. Thanks for your support mate . Just to reassure everyone the money raised by the record attempt 100 percent goes to the children's charity all the cost for road closer advertising marshals etc have been done free of charge at no cost whatsoever . The BBC are making a documentary about Jessica's brave fight . They will be filming the record attempt once again Dougie thanks for your support . Akko

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Cheers Akko :)

8. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    It does. I'm all for charity but I still believe that is one thing down to choice.
    So I definately wouldn't turn up.
    I certainly would have donated to the charity just don't like the idea of it being compulsory.
    Good luck with the record.

9. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Anyone else confused by this???:confused:

10. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    If you look at the web site it states the donation to the charity is compulsory. That's why I asked if that was the case.
    Don't get me wrong I happily donate to charities but when it's compulsory I do object.
    That's why I personally won't be going. I would have thought it a laugh but a compulsory donation puts me off totally.
    That should be down to the individual imv. Also more likely to get more as people are more likely to be more generious when there is no compulsion to donate imv and experiance.

11. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    Ahh. Now I see. Thanks for explaining, although of course you didn't have to. I see ur point.

Atb

Bob

12. akko

akko New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    mansfield nottts
    Tell you what if it upsets you that much I'll talk to the team and see if we can change it so it's not compulsory , I'm sure they will understand , I did not start this to upset anyone just trying to help a young lady who wants to help others . Nobody is getting anything out of this apart from the brain tumour charity which could effect anyone , sorry if this has offended anyone . Akko

13. Wasp

Wasp Well-Known Member

May 14, 2016
    Burnley NWUK
    I don't think you have anything to apologise for Akko.

What you're doing is a good thing. Helping others for no real reason is what makes us human.

I'm gonna see if I can make it. Being part of a world record attempt is a good thing to be a part of I think.

Atb

Bob

14. akko

akko New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    mansfield nottts
    Thanks for that Bob . Hope to see you there if you do hunt me down I'm the one with the yellow tiger 800 . Akko

15. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    It's just an issue for me as to upsetting anyone not really.
    Most bikers are more than happy to donate to charity , it's the idea of it being a compulsion that I find annoying.
    I personally won't take part because of that compulsion. I didn't think any one was " getting" anything out of it other than the kudos of helping a charity.
    So as Bob said there's nothing to apologise for.

16. akko

akko New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    mansfield nottts
    Ok gary I take your point , it's something I did not think about a mistake on my part , I've had a quick word with two of the committee members who don't want to change things , we won't be having a full meeting till a week on Thursday but I will bring it up as promise . The problem is they are not bikers like me and you . The world record attempt it's as important as it is raising money for Jess as she will be remembered for breaking the record . So this is a honest request to anyone who objects to the compulsory donation , please send me your details and I will register you free of charge , the charity will not miss out as I will pay it for anyone willing to attend ,because I feel it's my fault for this error please attend if you can as its a once in a life time event this is a sincere request to my fellow bikers . Akko

17. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    You can't say fairer than that but as to you putting your own hand in your pocket no :)
    Just let me know what happens after you raise the point at the meeting.

18. akko

akko New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    mansfield nottts
    Will do gary but !!!! Question !!!! If I can persuade the committee to agree . You valid point would you come . Because you could be that rider that helps us get the record . This is a team effort as with out each and every rider it just could not be possible . My personal goal know is to persuade you to come an join us , so please think about it . Also as you have said others may be put off by my oversight . I really would like to meet you at this event . Many thanks Akko

19. akko

akko New Member

Jul 1, 2016
    mansfield nottts
    Hi ade many thanks for the donation for Jess you are a star , when l started this 6 months ago it was my intention to include all bikers . By asking every one to visit a post box and make a donation , I contacted Kevin Wilcox at Staffordshire road safety who organised the original attempt who advised me it could not be done as the rules for Guinness are so strict . So he offered his help along with Bob from Stafford triumph . It's taken us that long to get this far and a lot of help from some very nice people including the mayor of Mansfield who I hope will be starting us off . Anyway once again ade a great big thanks please tell anyone you see on a triumph to visit the site as for every one you can get to help us it will get us to our goal and you will have been part of our team all the best . Akko

• Like Like x 1
  20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi Akko,
    Well done for this, Jessica has been through one hell of a lot! I can't make the record attempt due to work unfortunately but will go to her page to make a donation. Have you put a post on any of the TOMCC sites? I will copy yours onto Surreys Facebook page if you haven't.

• Like Like x 1