Featured Withdrawn

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Bad Billy, Oct 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #1 Bad Billy, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Withdrawn

• Love You Love You x 20
    • Like Like x 12
  2. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I wish you both the very best, and I hope Christine makes a full and speedy recovery.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Bless you and Christine, Bad Billy -y'all are in my prayers.

The best advice I can give if she has to go through chemo is to do normal as best she can -that helps more than can be explained with words. Your support in that will be invaluable. Let her do the things she feels like doing -that may be hard for you because you won't want her to "over do it", but trust me it will help her tremendously. For example, being able to cook dinner again really made me feel great (i.e. not helpless or useless).

If you have questions about the chemo experience please feel free to PM me. I'm not a doctor but I can share my experience of what has helped and what has not as well as what to expect if she ends up on the meds I am on.

BTW, the "normal" thing goes for you as well. It's better to beat this thing by being yourselves as much as possible.

• Like Like x 11
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    So sorry to hear your bad news, Billy. My thoughts are with you and your family. I wish her all t'best. Any lass that supports a bloke racing, is worth their weight in gold, as we know. Look after her mate, she deserves it.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    Take good care both, wishing you both well and a speedy relief from your sufferings.
    May your God be with you.

Oldfart

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Sorry to hear this mate. Take care and I wish you both the very best, and hope Christine makes a full recovery.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    just shows what a diamond she is.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Don’t beat yourself up Billy, you had it hard enough knowing and the pain you were in. Keeping Christine happy was your motivation and now it is done you can concentrate on supporting her.
    I really wish you both well and prey for her great nature to be rewarded with a speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Good luck and positive thoughts for a quick and complete recovery.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve never met you or your lass Billy :confused:
    But I feel like I know you both through this forum :)
    Tell Christine she and your good self are in our thoughts and hoping for a positive outcome for you both :heart:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    There are no words that can fully express our thoughts, hopes and wishes for Chris's swift and complete recovery to full health.

I've had the privilege and great pleasure to meet both of you and can honestly say that you two are great people to know and you both deserve all the love and the luck that life can bring you .... especially now!

Stay strong together, stay well together.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    My thoughts and prayers are with you mate. I'm hoping for a positive outcome for Christine and so we can get you back out on the bike.

Alfie

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    The very best wishes to you both. Hang in there like I know you will. Tough times ahead, no doubt, but you can beat this together X

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Wot they all said!!

These are scary times for you both, as I know only too well, but stick it out together and hopefully all will be well. SWMBO had 15 daily doses of radiotherapy over 3 weeks after her lumpectomy but fortunately didn't need chemo (still on some crazy tablets though!). But residual pain from the treatment is to be expected and it is pretty long lasting! Use lashings of moisturising cream around the area where the radiotherapy is aimed at to stop her skin becoming too sore and preferably start using it well before treatment starts. Scar tissue and nerve endings mending themselves will also cause discomfort. Lumps and bumps in the lymph nodes area may also cause concern.

Believe me, cancer messes with your head. It is a complete and utter bastard:poop:. You WILL get through it, but the fear never seems to go away.

Sorry if this all sounds bad, but it sure as hell ain't good. Lesley and I are 5 years down the line however, and are still keeping going nicely enough (mostly!), give or take a few scares which were immediately checked out when reported. Christine will be in good hands, so look after her (do I really need to say that?? Thought not) and give her lots of therapeutic cuddles - mine are exceptional, apparently!!

Good luck to you both. Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with the pair of you.:heart:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Focus on your bride. I know how it is. Things that seemed so pressing and important fall like so many card houses. Don't believe the false hopes, but take each day and diagnosis for what it is. Keep the Lord at your side and trust in Jesus. Times may be good or horribly bad, but hold on to the Rock. Take time to cry and be ready to lead. She is depending on you. You should depend on Him. Each day is a blessing and a joy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #16 Sandi T, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Billy, I'm just now seeing this thread at the tail end of the day here and was so sad to read that Christine has breast cancer. My heart goes out to both of you as do faithful, hopeful, and loving thoughts as the two of you navigate this uncertain and fearful time together.

I have "Faith, Hope, & Love" from 1 Corinthians 13 in the Bible tattooed on the inside of my left arm so that it's highly visible to me as a reminder of my foundation. From today forward through all of Christine's treatments and recovery, I will look at my left arm each morning as a concrete reminder to pray for her and for you each and every day.

I've not yet had the opportunity to meet you or Christine but if you think it appropriate and would feel comfortable PM-ing me your address, I'd love to mail Christine a card from across the pond. :heart::heart::heart:

IMG_0174.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    All the very best to you both @Bad Billy our thoughts are with you my wife recovered from the same be strong pal

• Like Like x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    What terrible news Billy. You're both in my thoughts, hoping for a full recovery.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Not Selfish Billy; just your way of clearing your head ready for whatever comes at you both and she knows it too.
    With me it was playing football, for 90 mins I could forget whatever shit was going on and made it easier to cope and build strength.
    Stay strong and look after her as she will you:heart:

• Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    This is what I love about this forum. A bunch of people who have never met (mostly) that actually care and take the time to say so. Billy, take care of your lady and make sure to take care of yourself so you are there for her.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1