Withdrawl Symptoms

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by TonyG, Feb 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Poxy weather. I haven't been out on a bike for what feels like months. Can live with the cold, but endless wet, greasy, salty roads just aren't fun, and knacker the bike.

I'm reduced to pointlessly standing in the garage or looking at you tube videos of somebody else riding a bike !

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dayoshir

Dayoshir Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    Went out today, no fair weather biking here!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I met McGuinness once at a bike shop. Only person I have ever asked for an autograph. He signed the baseball cap I use to protect my bald dome from the sun. Got it hanging on a wall now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. He's a nice guy, I've met him at the festival of Jurby during Classic / Manx TT week - I got a selfie with him. I've been the last two years and am going again this year, I love it. I used to do some short circuit club racing but would say that spectating at the TT is 20 times better than watching short circuit racing. Can't wait, one week of beer bikes, curry and no kids. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I've only been once to the TT, must be about 18 years ago now, have been desperate to go again but it has never worked out. It must be the most awesome racing spectator sport there is, and the atmosphere is magic. It helped a lot that we had great weather, especially as we were camping.

6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #7 R_1000, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Tell me about it. I Don't mind riding in the cold or wet but it's the cleaning after is what puts me off. I can't just hose it n park her up. It has to be a full wash wax n polish. So I just wait for good weather which never seems to come our way :rolleyes:

7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    So true..... I'm not a fair weather rider, but the salt on the roads around me is just so bad it is not worth the trouble of pulling the bike out. We need a real good down poor to clean up the roads and for the temperature to climb above 6c before I venture out.

Cheshire softy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. old git

old git Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    I'm much the same, any excuse to go into the shed to "look for a spanner" to check out my toys. I got out on the FJR1300 for a couple of hours last weekend - not great on greasy roads but better than nothing. Afraid to take the T120 out in case a spec of salt gets on it and dissolves it :(

• Like Like x 3
  9. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    It's the time of year to be planning your summer trips.
    Pouring over maps and Google earth,dropping the little man in to search for some great roads.
    It not really a substitute for riding but it gives you something to look forward to.
    Roll on Summer(or a half decent Spring)

• Like Like x 2
  10. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Yesterday morning I took the bike to get the chain and sprockets sorted. This is just 15 mins ride. By the time I came back the whole underside of the bike was covered in salt. I had to wash the entire bike. These days I spend more time looking at her than doing any actual riding, simply because of the crappy weather and road conditions. Not long to go now.....One big rain to clean our roads and then some sunshine and I will be gunning that motor through the twistys with a BIG grin ;)