Wiring Motogadget Turn Signal

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Samuel F, Jan 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Hi guys,

Without any basic knowledge, I’m trying to make sense of wiring these signals. It’s not just plug & play as the Motone rear light.

Has anyone got any experience regarding how to crimp and connect these ?

The middle part supplied by motogadget has only one opening.

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Pretty standard sam, The one on the last photo completely sealed is for joining wires twisted together and screwed in to this then just crimped using crimper or just pliers, The best way is to solder them and shrink wrap, but for testing system its ok.
    The others look like run of the mill spade and bullet connectors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Thanks tez.
    Never had to do any thing of the sort before.

Do you mean I am to twist and crimp the black and red wires together inside this item on the second photo ?
    (Each of 4 signal came with 2 of these)

How do I then connect this to the female connector from my electrical loom ? Remove the plastic bit ? Or cut it ?

Once properly understood, set up, connected and working all electrical with be protected in shrink wrap indeed, with silicone sealant where needed.

4. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    NO SAM DON'T DO THAT !!!
    I was only referring to that particular connector shown, One wire will be earth (more likely black) and one power obviously getting its signal from your bike wire.
    Difficult without seeing the job Sam please wait for Dan is my advice and if possible watch and learn mate.

PS How many wires coming from each of your current signals ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Hahahaha Yuuuup, I kinda guessed that. Hahah.
    I know i have zero experience in any form of electrical work, but I knew that was wrong. Don’t judge, I have literally never have done anything of such.

So weird that I can’t find a single tutorial, video or clear installation guide for these signals... yup, eventually, Dan will come to the rescue, but in the meantime I’m still trying to understand. If it’s in the package, why is it here. There must be a reason. I think I simply need to find some male connectors for each wires, and use them to connect to the bike in an identical fashion as factory ones do. I’d like to see if I can solve this myself... thanks for your answers Tez !

6. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I fitted something simular. Connectors all different sizes so went to Halfords bought a kit about a tenner cut all connectors off crimped and soldered heat shrinked job done

They dont give any bloody instructions for indicators that cost over £50 each

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    That's the way to go Sam, if you stick to copying what's there for each of them signals then you shouldn't go wrong mate. Great satisfaction from solving yourself, we all make mistakes but hell what's a fuse cost :D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Thanks for your feedback @Repooh

@TEZ 217 that’s the goal. Doing it yourself, owning your mistakes, and learn...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    BAF55F30-CCCD-4ED7-9181-1F375E03C7D0.png Yeah, I mean, what can possibly go wrong:joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Samuel F

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Yeaaah.... that would kill me....
    I fucking love my bonnie...

• Like Like x 3