Wiring Loom / Alarm Fix + Ignition Barrel - Street Triple 675 -2010

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by insideman, May 22, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. insideman

insideman New Member

May 22, 2018
    Brighton
    I unlucky had my Street Triple 675 -2010 model stolen last week but lucky I did get it back the same evening, However they did coarse some damage to:

Steering Lock

Ignition Barrel / key*

Wiring Loom / Alarm***

Im looking at fixing it all myself if I can, as I need to try save some pennies. Has any one else had this problem?

I don't have much knowledge in electrics, so I'm trying to find out if it is possible to try and rejoin the wiring loom at all, where they have cut all the wires to get the bike going. Is this possible, is it something that I would be able to do and any tips on how? ( or diagrams)
    Trying to find out where the best places I can get hold of the second hand replacement parts where I can. (eBay not having much luck)

Any help or tips would be much appreciate.

Cheers

fullsizeoutput_182b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_182a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_182c.jpeg

IMG_6693.JPG

IMG_6695.JPG

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Sorry to hear your bad news but happy you got the bike back. The ignition switch looks beyond repair so you’ll have to shell out for a new one, try worldoftriumph.com using your VIN number as a reference. Is the white plug the alarm, all black wires would seem to suggest it is and if you are no good with electrics you’ll need a competent alarm fitter/auto electrician to sort it for you. Good luck with it, and may the fleas of a thousand camels fester in the ball sack of the low life scum who damaged your bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. insideman

insideman New Member

May 22, 2018
    Brighton

Cheers, Yorkshire I will have a look in to that. Just need to find a good local alarm/auto electrician to have a look at the wiring for me.

haha I couldn't agree any with you anymore