Sprint GT Wires.....

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Sigold83, Mar 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sigold83

Sigold83 New Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Cornwall, UK
    #1 Sigold83, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Recently dome a big service on the GT, including cam, and tensioner and clutch. Added a few mods, including a front mounted camera. Wanted to find an ignition on live to attach to, but now just going to put it on the accessories socket with a switch. However, i came across these two wire, and wondered what they are for..... any enlightenment would be greatfully received....

If anyone has suggestions about where to find a powersource near the front, that is only live when ignition is on, then I am all ears!

9CADB8E9-5077-4D77-AA39-FF71B0E91707.jpeg

F9D4CFAC-51C8-427C-BF12-7A3EF73B4ADF.jpeg

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The horn will see you right.

3. Sigold83

Sigold83 New Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Cornwall, UK
    Where do you attach the wires? Surely it only sends power when you press the button?

4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Piggy back off the live terminal on your horn and then pick a suitable earth point for the earth wire.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Bowf

Bowf New Member

Aug 16, 2020
    Scotland
    To revive an old thread, I've just asked the same question and I think I now know the answer. If you look closely there should be two other similar wires nearby, mine were almost heading under the airbox. All four come from the Datatool alarm unit. I think the shorter pair are for adding an extra siren or a pager, and the longer pair maybe for adding an extra loop to make things like luggage/helmets more secure. In the early 90s the old Datatools had a long yellow wire with banana plugs on the end which did the same job!

• Like Like x 1