Windshield Lowers

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Mike D, Jun 20, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mike D

Mike D New Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Hello All: I was looking for some advice. I have ridden a 2008 Triumph America for a few years now and just love it. Recently I decided to put a Triumph Roadster Windshield on the bike because of several long trips coming up this summer. What a disappointment, the wind turbulence and buffeting are much worse than not having a windshield at all. I have seen other bikes with the same problems and windshield lowers did the trick but these lowers seem to be an after market item and Triumph models are not mentioned when it comes to fork diameters. Has anyone got a solution?

2. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    I tried one of these as well & it was a major disappointment for me too , horrible buffeting around my head , I think it must depend on your height maybe , there are lots of aftermarket screens of different designs & I think folkbloke had one that he found worked well which wasn't a Triumph one (not sure on this but he maybe worth asking) - I've given up on the idea of a screen on mine as I definitely prefer it without & recently went abroad & found it was not an issue at all

3. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    I had an MRA Highway Shield screen on my America and have now moved it to my Thunderbird. It doesn't exactly give a lot of weather protection but it makes motorway cruising a lot easier. I did nearly 14000 miles in 18 months on the America and most of that was motorway and have just come back from nearly 3000 miles in France on the TB. It did its job! Takes a bit of work to get it set for your height but it's infinitely adjustable and hopefully you should be able to find a position that suits you.

Depends on whether you like the style though but at least it's not BIG money ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1