Windshield For A 2015 T100

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Samuel F, May 22, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Not that I really need it, but it's a random question that popped in my head.

Did anyone use a good Bonnie Windshield?
    I could see myself using one to remove the wind pressure from motorway riding at 70mph+ on potential long trips. At those speeds the riding exp. is more annoying than anything else in my opinion.
    If a windshield performs well, I suppose it could be a welcome (and ugly) addition.

So yeah, just like that, if you ever used one, discuss ! (how long does it take to bold on and off ? I could see myself using it for the motorway and strapping it at the back once on the back roads :p)

2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    It's not quick release but the Triumph genuine touring screen for the current T100 is pretty effective on motorway speeds. I try to avoid M-ways but blatted up the M40 for over an hour at the weekend and found it kept the blast off my chest better than its size suggests. Pic below shows it fitted to Hugh.

[​IMG]Hugh @ TFEST by Trevor Laight, on Flickr

3. BykerBry

BykerBry Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire

If you need a shield for occasional rides then the quick fit is essential. I have a National Cycle Street shield EX which is a superb screen and the quickset fittings are brilliant. On and off in a matter of minutes. They appear to be only available from the USA so Shipping and Custome will add to the price but well worth it in my opinion. Here is a pic of mine on the Bonnie along with a link to one on eBay in the States.
    On eBay and it’s a universal,fit - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VF750C-CF-MAGNA-SUPER-MAGNA-1988-89-NATIONAL-CYCLE-STREET-EX-SHIELD-N2568/173323427114?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

There’s also a Givi screen which looks good but I do not know how the fittings work on that one, here’s a link.
    https://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/product.php/689924/

244763A8-FEF5-4CC5-8CE9-870E9B8558BE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    My original T100 came with the big touring screen.
    I used it once and thought it was horrendous, especially when lane changing at any sort of decent speed - also ugly as sin. Put one of those on and a top box and you might as well give up!:D:D
    The Bonnie is supposed to be cool and stylish!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BykerBry

BykerBry Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2017
    Reading, Berkshire

That’s the idea and the point of a quick release fitting, it’s on the bike when needs must and it’s off for most of my riding but there are times when you don’t want to be blown about and have a face full of bugs. The smaller fly screens might look good but they do not keep the wind and flies off you. Each to their own as they say.

6. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Thanks for your input, guys.
    Then again (not angry, look at my signature, it's apparently just how I write :D) I am a fairly new rider (2 years +, 4k miles), and M-ways have never been pleasant for me, a quick release windshield could be useful, If I decide to get when I want to ride faster so if The bonneville is an instrument of style indeed, you should see how I dress for the ride, haha, I'm fairly convinced a more relaxed riding on motorways might make me more prone to detect and apprehend eventual issues, while riding at good speeds.

cheers guys.