Windblast On Triumph Speed Triple 1050 Help

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Lee Seddon, May 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lee Seddon

Lee Seddon New Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Wigan
    Hi, has anyone experienced alot of Windblast on the Triumph Speed Triple 1050 ?
    If so, i was wondering what people have tried, altered or added to reduce this.
    Many thanks all

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The only time I've noticed Windblast was on the Autobahn,mind you i,m used to a naked bike

3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Hi Lee, I added a bit less speed to cope with the wind blast :rolleyes:
    I’m 6’1” so even with the Triumph screen I still get it but it’s a naked bike and the wind helps me keep the speed down and preserve my licence.
    There are larger screens out there, Puig etc so you have a choice, good luck and welcome along.

4. Andyjig76

Andyjig76 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Preston
    I’m having similar issues, I’ve removed the triumph flyscreen now and oddly is better. The screen must have been directing the wind just at my head as now it seems much calmer even at 3 figures. I am also waiting for delivery of a puig screen to see if it’s any better.

CB198E53-1477-4612-9AAE-3C282DFA858D.png

5. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    Check out the Powerbronze screen-i have one on my 2013 speed triple, looks fine and helps reduce a wind blast

6. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    Took off the flyscreen and fitted the original clock cover. No wind blast to speak of into 3 figure speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andyjig76

Andyjig76 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Preston
    Well that was fun, just spent 2 hours up and down the motorway with new puig screen and no screen trying to work out what works best for me and I can categorically say I have no bloody clue!! Either way it’s better than the triumph flyscreen so it’s a win either way!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lee Seddon

Lee Seddon New Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Wigan
    Thank you for all your replies...
    I've been working long hours and not had any time to sort it out.
    I'm so glad i found this site and i really appreciate everyone's comments and advice.
    Good night all :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. nick.68

nick.68 New Member

Apr 9, 2018
    boston lincolnshire
    hi there I have put a puig dark smoke screen of e-bay , it came from Germany and it is fantastic , I'm 5ft 9 so I can get down on the tank and hit 3 figures with no bother , its changed the hole riding of the bike plus I have my handle bars slightly for forward so fully recommend.

10. nick.68

nick.68 New Member

Apr 9, 2018
    boston lincolnshire
    hi there I have put a puig dark smoke screen of e-bay , it came from Germany and it is fantastic , I'm 5ft 9 so I can get down on the tank and hit 3 figures with no bother , its changed the hole riding of the bike plus I have my handle bars slightly for forward so fully recommend.