America Wind Issue

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Andy Biker, Oct 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andy Biker

Andy Biker New Member

Oct 6, 2020
    Boston , MA
    #1 Andy Biker, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    New to the forum. I live in Boston and after 20 yr of absence I started motorcycle riding! Got 2014 Triumph America (brand new with 30 miles).
    Nice mid size bike, I like is so far a lot, bit under power but easy to ride. The only issue I have is the wind ( I have large windshield) at 70 miles per hour I can "barely" stay on the seat , my helmet want to came off ! I have seen people installed fork fairings to help with the wind and it helps, but I can't find them anywhere. I looked all over the internet , called Triumph , spoke to few distributor. Anyone has an idea where to buy them?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    This kind of thing?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andy Biker

Andy Biker New Member

Oct 6, 2020
    Boston , MA
    Exactly what I need but nobody is selling it

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Andy Biker.
    Welcome to the family. Yes know where you are coming from there. I get bad wind. So much so Tracy tells me to sit in the garden. But when i had my thunderbird. I purchased a triumph screen and fitted the Memphis blade. I had to drill the holes a pinch but it was the best screen i ever had. We also need a picture of the steed so hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and show the inmates your pride and joy.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Flatulence .... don't you just love it??:eek::oops:

What? I got it wrong again?? I really must get a grip!!:confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    exactly what I thought @stevethegoolie folk must consider the title of these threads, you think you are getting some shared sound advice about trouser coughs and what do you find bike problems "Christ" :blush:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 1