Wind Deflector For A 2008 Bonneville

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by PeterCo, Oct 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PeterCo

PeterCo New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Chorley
    Can any of you recommend a good wind deflector for my 2008 Bonneville screen. The screen is the original Triumph part and it creates some turbulence and buffeting. I am 6' and I put the screen on each autumn for use through the winter.

20171014_102147.jpg

2. PeterCo

PeterCo New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Chorley
    Thanks Tal, Have you ever used one of these? If so, how did you find it?

3. Tal

Tal Active Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Milton Keynes
    Sorry mate I havn't.

4. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Save yourself some money and get a Puig one.

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/...00&d=Clear+Adjustable+Visor&partNumber=M6007W

There are two versions, the one above clamps to the top of the screen while the other is identical but requires you to drill holes in the screen to mount it. There's about a fiver difference in price.

I have one fitted to the screen on my Honda and it made all the difference, no more buffeting around my helmet, stop sniggering at the back.

I have the one that required drilling, it comes with a stick on template and is really simple to do. It took less than 15mins to fit it.

upload_2017-10-16_8-0-32.gif

• Like Like x 2
  5. PeterCo

PeterCo New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Chorley
    I bought the MRA screen tour. Yes, at £100 inc delivery it wasn't cheap.
    It came with screen clamp and direct bolt attachments. You assemble it yourself but that was straightforward. It looks a bit ugly but it's only for winter time.
    I had hoped it would work in the down position but due to my height and very upright seat position I had to use the more upright one. It seems to be infinitely variable between the two. Yes, it works very well. I have only tried it to 70mph so far on the motorway but it was very stable and vibration was minimal. I can easily see over it.
    The buffeting and turbulence have gone.

20171019_111136.jpg