Will Sprint St 955 Bars Fit On A Daytona T595?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Wheelnut, Sep 23, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wheelnut

Wheelnut Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2019
    Alston
    Been trying to sell my T595 Daytona but no takers as yet, so I'm thinking of keeping it and raising the handlebar height to make it more comfortable and more suitable for touring.

It occurred to me that fitting the top yoke and bars from a Sprint ST 955i might be the answer, but not sure if they are compatible with the trail/offset (or whatever it's called) of the Daytona forks. Fitting the higher bars might foul the fairing and screen also, but I'm sure that be sorted. Anyone tried this mod?

Any other suggestions for achieving a more upright stance? I know that it could be converted to Street Triple spec with the right parts, but the relevant parts rarely seem to be available (and almost never at sensible prices).

2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I wouldn't think sprint top yoke would fit, as you say, the angles are probably wrong.
    What about Speed Triple 955 top yoke, maybe that would be a better option and it has the mounts for bars like renthal etc but you couldn't go too high because of fouling on the fairing.
    I know some have done similar tho.

3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Wheelnut, your best option is to get a straight bar top joke, these are available from a number of suppliers, also you will need new longer cables and brake lines, once fitted the bars give enough fairing clearance.

4. Wheelnut

Wheelnut Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2019
    Alston
    Thanks for the suggestions.

However, it's now academic as I think I have now found a buyer for the T595. Had two serious enquiries today, one who wants the bike, despite no enquiries at all for the past 3 weeks. So I may be looking for a Sprint ST or a Tiger soon.

• Like Like x 3