Will A T120 2016 Seat Fit A T100 2017?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Alfredo_Leal, Mar 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Alfredo_Leal

Alfredo_Leal New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Hi all,

Greetings from Los Angeles. My names is Alfredo and I ride a Bonneville T100 Black 2017.

I want to purchase a T120 brown seat for my bonnie. I found one but it is a 2016 T120 model. Just wondering if anyone has exchanged their T100 seat for a T120 2016 seat and if it fits.

Thanks in advance!

2. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    • Like Like x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    #3 capt, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    There is a good chance it will fit ! I think Triumphs are still Modular to a certain extent , the early water cooled T300's certainly were, they share frame's , wheel's , wiring, lighting and other ancillaries. With minor change's to differentiate model's, some were just colours and decals, with the major differences being internal motor change's , ie hot Cam's or timing change's.

Cheers capt

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alfredo_Leal

Alfredo_Leal New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Thank you much.

5. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    The T120 seat will fit the T100 but possibly not as a straight swap :confused:

There's are slight differences across the WC range, you may find the different shape of the T100 mudguard could prevent the T120 seat from resting on top of the frame rails. If so the back of the guard needs to be lowered a little by inserting an appropriate shim between the rear fixing and the frame.
    Then with the seat flat on the frame rails you could find the seat lock pin may not fully engage with the lock, in which case the lock mechanism will need raised up by placing of a couple of steel washers underneath it.

Good luck with your seat swap, the T120 seat is very comfortable, I have one on my bike :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alfredo_Leal

Alfredo_Leal New Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Los Angeles
    :) Thank you much brother. I guess I'll find out when it arrives.