Wild Atlantic Way ( What Is It Like ? )

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Chris Wise, Feb 5, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Last year I did the NC 500 .With out dout the best trip I have done on a motorcycle .If and it is a big if we are allowed to tour Ireland this summer I was thinking of doing the Wild Atlantic Way .I am not expecting it to be has good has the NC 500 but would like to see for myself what the Wild Atlantic Way is like .Be greatful if anyone who has done it could tell me what it is like and any tips and is it worth doing. Or is it overrated .I have been to Ireland once before ,loved the people and the way of life and always promised to go back .Which why I thought I give the Wild Atlantic Way a go this summer ,fingers crossed and providing this virus and lockdowns will permit it

2. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Did it partially in 2013. Was really nice, but can't be compared to Scotland NC.

3. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I was not expecting it to be as good has the NC 500 but different

4. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I have ridden it 3 times. It is superb. The views and roads are amazing, as are the people. It's a longer ride with much more to see, but in smaller bites. Take a look on Youtube, Roadtrooper has made some inspiring videos. NC500 is beautiful and more accessible to me, but WAW wins every time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Its beautiful! I didn't stick to the tourist route religiously though. Beara peninsula and Connamara are probably my favourite areas
    20190701_165109-01.jpg 20190701_180839.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    I have done it too apart from Antrim. Its good, the people are friendly and the motorists are very tolerant of motorcycles.
    Just one thing, if you think it rains a lot in Scotland.......

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I've ridden in Ireland 3 times, a week each and once in Scotland for 10 days. We had more rain in Scotland..................

8. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Mid summer in Ireland or Scotland I think your more likely to see the wet stuff. Best time I reckon is as early as April. Not too sure now but you might need a green card now as the republic of Ireland is still europe. I got sent automatically because I love in the north.

9. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I've been to the South in June and September on my rides and totalled about 3 days rain.

• Like Like x 1
  10. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Planned to go last year again in May, covid stopped play! Planning the same this year but its looking a bit touch and go at the minute :neutral:

11. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Same here Andy, I have 2 ferry crossings paid for, one from May and one from September. We ended up in Scotland in September, just before Sturgeon slammed the door!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Same here Andy, I have 2 ferry crossings paid for, one from May and one from September. We ended up in Scotland in September, just before Sturgeon slammed the door!