Wilbers Type 640 Road Shock And / Or Öhlins Tr 729

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by BobberT, Nov 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BobberT

BobberT New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Bavaria
    Hi,
    Does anyone have experience with the Wilbers Type 640 Road shock and / or Öhlins Road & Track TR 729 for a Bobber Black year of construction 2021. Which one would you recommend?
    Thanks

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Ohlins I would recommend, plenty of back up and a real quality product you won't be disappointed.

3. Biggus

Biggus New Member

Jun 5, 2022
    Buckinghamshire
    Have you had some specific experience of an Ohlins shock on the Bobber? Ohlins have an excellent reputation, but might not work as well as another design/make that was specifically developed for the Triumph Bobber.

4. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Conversely, the Wilbers unit is VERY highly regarded amongst the R9T community. I'd say you can't go wrong with either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BobberT

BobberT New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Bavaria
    Thank you both. I have also heard good things about Wilbers, also installed in the Bobber. Öhlins are widely used and have a good reputation, but I don't know anyone here who rides them in a bobber, hence my question.

6. Biggus

Biggus New Member

Jun 5, 2022
    Buckinghamshire
    Have you spoken to a company like Thornton Hundred Motorcycles to see what they would recommend as they customise and modify the Bobber?

7. BobberT

BobberT New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Bavaria
    Hi Biggus
    Thank you for the suggestion. I wrote to them once. They have very cool parts, but I think most if not all of them are not legal in Germany. :joy:

• Like Like x 1