Why Is It ???

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wire-Wheels, Sep 19, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #1 Wire-Wheels, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Why is it, in the U.S. you can watch any stupid sporting event on TV you want, as long as it involves a (1) stick.or club of some sort...(2) a ball or other projectile of some sort...(3) and a Neanderthal, knuckle dragging millionaire participating ? At the same time if you want to watch Formula 1, LeMans, or any other motorsports (except NASCAR) you have to make some special arrangements. You cannot even watch the local news here without listining to some illiterate lunkhead mumble on about stick and ball sports. But you cannot find out who won at Lemans or F1 !!! ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Leftist control the media, so something that includes right hand turns is a no no.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    TBH jd I think it boils down to beer and commercial breaks. Beer sales slow at a NASCAR event suddenly debris on the track flag, bunch up the cars to promote a wreck, and another beer break.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    There are alternatives to F1. It's very easy:
    Step one: Paint a wall
    Step two: Watch it dry
    JOB DONE!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    You USED TO be able to watch a good race out.or Europe or the UK on broadcast TV on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Now all you get is "Billy Bob" and friends practicing thier left turns or grown men chasing an orb around. BORING ! ...J.D.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    MONEY

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    F1 hightlights are shown on free-to air Channel 4 in the UK but you can get an online subscription for F1 as well.
    I subscribe to Eurosport online rather than getting it via a tv subscription. You can get both her by subscribing to Sky but I ditched them about a year ago. I don't watch much 'normal' tv so it was getting expensive. I subscribe to MotoGP directly as well. Eurosport are showing the whole Le Mans race - I'm watching it now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Yes. I guess I am going to have to track down some online way to enjoy good motorsports. The local media here is a.joke. Who cares.if one sweaty blob can out maneuver some other sweaty blob ? Or how much said sweaty blobs are being paid ? ...J.D.

9. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I'm with you on that one! :joy:

10. UpNDown

UpNDown New Member

Jun 26, 2020
    New Jersey , USA
    I downloaded the Motor Trend app just to live stream the 24 Hrs. Of LeMans . Coverage was by EuroSport , and what a fine job they did . I had a lot food , snacks , beer , ( and coffee sometimes ) . ....and a patient wife.
    Last week it was tailgating at Moto America at the South Jersey Motorsports Complex .

• Like Like x 3