Thruxton Who's Up For Group Buy Stainless Rad Cover

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by wizard, Nov 29, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wizard

wizard Member

#1 wizard, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    hi guys, as per title who's up for a renntec stainless rad cover , they do them in black and chrome and have the tooling all set up . i would like one in stainless but spoken to rob and its better to be made in batches etc than a one off so if we can get a few more potential buyers that would make production more likely which would be fantastic and all made in the uk
    jason

• Like Like x 2
  2. RobDaBiker

RobDaBiker Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    20 off would be the magic number!
    We all think that the S/S brushed look would be good on the Thruxton, understated yet classy.
    Bit like me. ;)

3. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Because I am literally awesome (Gotta blow yer own Trumpet right?) I have persuaded my Boss to make a batch of 20 of these rad shields in Brushed Stainless Steel. RRP will be £49.99 and I will advise when they are available.
    You're welcome my friends.
    Renntec Rob

• Like Like x 3
  4. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Hello there, I just replied to your email at Renntec, but for what it's worth I am afraid we do not. Sorry about that :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. wizard

wizard Member

top man rob,:):):)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Hello, No it was not a product that Renntec ever made. Sometimes we discontinue parts, but keep welding jigs and drawings etc., so 'can' make more batches if sufficient interest, but for this one we cannot. Apologies for that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    I know, I know. I rock. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Bugger me!! Wrong again!:oops:

Sorry DD, but I am still racking my brains occasionally on your behalf. Trouble is that when you spend most of the day sitting on 'em they don't seem to work too well!!:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    For which bikes?

10. wizard

wizard Member

TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE T120/STREET TWIN 900/THRUXTONR/STREET CUP 900 (2016 ONWARDS)/BONNEVILLE T100 (WATER COOLED) 2017/STREET SCRAMBLER ('16 ON) RADIATOR GRILL IN BLACK

11. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    T120, Street Twin, Street Cup, T100 WC, Thruxton 1200
    :)

12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I would be very up for the brushed stainless rad grille if it would fit the 1200 bonnie classic t120 2016 model please keep me informed on this.
    Regards
    Joe.

13. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Hello Joe,
    Yes, they do indeed fit the T120 Classic. They all have the same rad and mountings.
    I will post on here when we have the stock ready.
    Best regards
    RrrrrrrrrrRenntec Rob

14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Rob.
    That was quick. But I think I have just traded my bike for a street twin. How about that for fitment. It really does matter when someone like yourself cares enough to listen to people and even more cares.
    Regards
    Joe

15. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Yes, the Street Twin is also the same fitment, no problem at all. How come you swapped the T120 for the Street? Either way, no worries.
    Rob

16. Frank Shannon

Frank Shannon New Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Kings Lynn, Norfolk
    Hi, would be very interested in a rad guard. Would it fit my 2015 Thruxton Ace Special Edition?
    Regards
    Frank Shannon

17. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Hello frank,. isn't the Thruxton Ace the 900cc Air cooled? It has an oil cooler but no radiator right?
    Best regards
    Rob

18. Frank Shannon

Frank Shannon New Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Kings Lynn, Norfolk
    Doh! Stupid boy. Your right. Had another senior moment. Easily excited at thought of any tinkering.
    Frank Shannon

19. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Ha ha, no worries. I had to check to be honest. I'm sure we could fix one on with a combination of gaffer tape and cable ties if you really want? :D

20. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Rob.
    I don't want to but I am not gelling with the T120. Can't put my finger on it but it's not right for me. I have a T100 and love it to bits as it just feels right and has a bagful of character. You will never get the guards made now every one wants to talk to you. And take it from me you will make a lot of bikers happy just by being you. Any way I am staying with the T120 now as just had a call to say the Street Twin I was interested in has sold.
    Regards
    Joe.