Whos Going To Pick Fruit?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sprinter, Jan 19, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    How lucky we are not to have to contemplate finding our home changing so much we don’t feel welcome any more.

Yet.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I guess Hong Kong being British for so long it's no wonder it's a shock having China putting the brakes on the way of life they had got used to, and surprisingly it's been a while making the transition they have probably got off lightly given the time its taken for the communist government to impose their will...too much exposure I guess now with covid they have an excuse to get pushy with the clamp down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Any HK migrants won't be picking fruit.

They'll be well-educated professionals who bring wealth into the country.

They'll be an assett - I welcome them.

DS

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not sure what you were trying to achieve with your post James. It is clear if you read the article that the guy is still working for the company / employer that he was working for in HK, but from the UK. As @Doc Strange say's the vast majority of people that do come will not be labourer's, but professional's. I don't think opening the UK for the HK residence is the same as the letting the EU folk coming in.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I'm being cynical, I suppose.
    UK has been critised for years for ' forgetting about the citizens of HK. Now faced with a labour shortage the visas appear. That's a lot of professionals imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Ooooh another political thread :confused:
    Just what everyone has been waiting for :p

• Funny Funny x 11
  8. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    #8 Doc Strange, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    The West is waking up to the threat China poses and this is one way we can react to it.

It also aligns us more closely with the US, which is helpful for other reasons.

Despite what the press might have us believe, there are other issues besides Brexit.

DS