Featured Who Has Tracked Their Rs?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Andybow, Jul 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Great day at donington, but it was ridiculously hot which I’d take any day of the week over rain!
    The speed was fantastic on track, so glad I changed from the MT10.

33F88949-A092-4C5C-AFE7-0D7349097E1A.png

2CF5BA7E-5A57-4C99-8222-47D53CC0ACEF.png

• Like Like x 11
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Awesome photos!! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Got to love seeing the RS out front :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Hopefully taking mine to Cartegna in October to give it a treat! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    You’ll love it on track, really is awesome, handles and stops a dream and unlike a few nakeds now the power is never scary

6. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Well I didn’t track it, but yesterday my brother and I did one our regular rides through the mountains. Its very remote with little traffic. It’s actually a logging road that is now paved, so generally there is no police presence. It’s a little rough at times but I don’t mind that either. It’s 45 minutes of corner after corner and straights. Aggressive cornering and speeds up to, well what ever you’re comfortable with. It’s about a four hour ride in total, love it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I'm sure the RS will be great if I take it, currently it's 50:50 whether I take the RS or pick up a cheap trackday bike.

8. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    I’ve been looking for a track bike for a while, but I want decent brakes, suspension and I love the quickshifter/blipper especially on track, unfortunately the cost of said trackbike is far more than I’m willing to spend!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I'm looking for cheapish one currently, possibly a CBR600RR, but I've done trackdays on anything from a mk1 Bandit 1200 to a GSXR1000 and enjoyed thrashing the bike round a track regardless of what it is :D

10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, that sounds like a terrific route, Steve! I'll bet the RS just eats it up. :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I'm in the same boat as you.
    Spoke to a guy (number 38) at Oliver's mount races and he was running a stock ER6N. He was quite frank in that it wasn't going to win anything but he still enjoyed his weekend.
    I'd be gutted if my 765 got smashed to smithereens and not insured.
    One of my mates sent me a pic from last weekend's Angelsey track day. A lad we both know came off about 150 ish. The bike harmlessly slid along the grass until it got to the tyre wall. Headstock cracked, bent both yokes and fork legs, front wheel, clocks, ripped tank off and tore the ecu away from the wiring :(:weary_face:

12. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I'm in the same boat as you.
    Spoke to a guy (number 38) at Oliver's mount races and he was running a stock ER6N. He was quite frank in that it wasn't going to win anything but he still enjoyed his weekend.
    I'd be gutted if my 765 got smashed to smithereens and not insured.
    One of my mates sent me a pic from last weekend's Angelsey track day. A lad we both know came off about 150 ish. The bike harmlessly slid along the grass until it got to the tyre wall. Headstock cracked, bent both yokes and fork legs, front wheel, clocks, ripped tank off and tore the ecu away from the wiring :(:weary_face:

13. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Yup, that’s where I find what it’s capable of. 100+ miles per hour up to a corner is where you find out what the brakes can do. I have the ratio set to 19 for the most feel and progression, and they are awesome. At Speed the bike feels extremely stable, whether it’s leaned through a bumpy corner or flat out down a straight. Also, I’ve removed the restrictive discs in the exhaust and it actually has more pull on the top end. Previously I had just cut out the baffles. My brother noticed it and I hadn’t said anything to him. He said it feels about as much pull on the top end now as his GSXS-1000. It’s always had more torque up to that point than his bike though. Besides the quickshifter issue I think this could very well be the perfect street fighter. That might change though when Ducati debuts their new street fighter.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Tracked my rs..... I've not been out on it for weeks. Hahaha

15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    And......how was the lad that came off about 150 ish? :worried:

16. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter

If anyone is wanting to loose 5 minutes of spare time!

• Like Like x 6
  17. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Surprisingly ok, he had a big burn on his left shoulder and a few bumps and scrapes. The main thing was he didn't hit anything just slid along the floor.
    I suppose that's the main difference between a well laid out track and the roads.
    My mate had been going through that section around 140 + at the beginning of the day and the lad fell off in the 2nd session ending his day.

20190731_073224.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Andybow

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    That’s always in the back of head that something like this will happen, I’ll be looking for a trackbike over winter

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I took the attitude that I don't really just want to ride round, I want to challenge myself to seek some satisfaction.
    As much as taking the 765 to track is very attractive to me I know in my head it would end in disaster..... at least for the bike :( once the red mist descended :confused:

20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    If you want to enjoy track riding then it has to be a cheap track bike. It’s funny but I have had the latest wiz bangs with all the gizmos TC/ABS etc but have learned more about track craft in this seasons racing aboard a humble Bandit, than all the previous track time I have done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1