Who Dey? Good Luck Cincy...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Smilinjack, Feb 13, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

I won't be staying up for the Superbowl since the Packers managed to flush themselves down the toilet, but I'll be rooting for the Bengals. Can't see them winning it, but after the journey so far never write them off! A bit too much quality in the Rams roster to lose, you'd think. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Any chance of a translation into English? I honestly have no idea what this means.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    He’s from Nottingham, you have to make allowances mi duck ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

The Cincinnati Bengals will be taking on the L A Rams in the Superbowl tonight, sort of American football cup final. The way the two teams have got here couldn't be more different. Two years ago the Bengals had the worst record in the league, and with good recruitment in the draft, as it's known, and good coaching have hauled themselves up by their bootstraps to get here tonight. The Rams have spent their way here, and are playing in their home stadium. It's pretty close to David v Goliath. Imagine Watford beating Man City having already overcome Liverpool and Chelsea. That's what tonight would be like.
    I follow the Green Bay Packers, who were in a great position to be here but completely clammed up and lost to San Francisco. Hence "down the toilet". Hope that helps. :)

PS the Packers beat both of these teams in the regular season....: unamused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Cooper Kupp is gonna take some stopping tonight. I don't think the Bengals have enough to win. They only just got passed the Silver and Black, after our season they should've crushed us but they needed the refs help to do it.
    Go Rams, Sean McVay deserves it.
    Looking forward to a great game, this season has been something else with all the last second wins. I like the Sherman adverts (they've cost $7 million per 30 secs) so will be watching it on US TV.
    Free stream here if you get fed up with our "experts"
    https://reddit.nflbite.com/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    #6 Dartplayer, Feb 13, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    Watching live (midday Monday in NZ).
    Rams have the team, but backing the Bengals. :party::imp:
    Took Joe Montana to beat Bengals last time :cool::bomb:
    Enjoy everyone :eyes::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#7 Golgotha, Feb 14, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2022
    Only time I ever got into Football was when I was living in S.Africa. There was a seaside pub upcoast from the city that showed MON night Football and it was a gathering of mostly Saffers who'd lived in the States and became fans, but an occasional Yank or two would also show up, and there's not many of us down there at all. So those evenings became quite a "jawl" as the locals say and we all kind of reveled in American culture for a couple hours. I'd go hang out for nostalgia's sake but I learned more about the sport there than at any time before. Football's just never been my thing. I think I've only seen a Superbowl all the way through one time, that's it. And this was only like 2 or 3 years ago. My Saffer Mrs. watches Football casually, mostly the Charlotte Panthers, our state team, but also Green Bay. She couldn't figure out why she was so drawn to Green Bay until I pointed out what I thought was obvious…. they wear Springbok colors. Duh?

Needless to say RSA is also where I picked up my own affinity for Rugby.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I live about 80 miles from the game. Did not even turn the TV on. Kind about like watching paint dry. If you go away and come back, it is done and you did not waste all that time. ...J.D.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1