Who Ate All The Pies

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dilligaf, Jan 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: Feckin hell :eek:
    15 STONE 4lbs:sob:
    I’m definitely having a fat ugly day :(
    This is the heaviest I’ve ever been :weary_face:
    Went for a ride today with NUDGER :) as mentioned in what you doing with your Triumph today
    What I didn’t tell you lot was trying to squeeze into my riding gear I bust the fastener on my nearly new gortex winter trousers :(
    So off they came and dug out my old leather trousers.....what a Feckin struggle :weary_face: had to use the mirror to see the hole on the belt :eek:
    Put the jacket on that I used all last year and could hardly breathe :(
    Can’t do nowt about the ugly part but I simply have to lose weight :(
    So 15 stone 4lbs :( is my starting point :eek:
    Hoping to get under 14 stone :confused:
    Wish me luck :p

• Like Like x 19
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Bloody lightweight... my Christmas plumage has reached hitherto unknown excesses (crested 16 stone eeek) and I’ve been a good boy this year... no monster cheeseboard sessions, no obscene amounts of alcohol...
    I guess I’m just gonna hafta gain another foot in height

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    My wife and I write our weights in the diary every year and the goal for the last 15 years has been not to put any weight on, just had the annual weight-in this morning and I’m down from 11st 10lbs this time year to 11st 2lbs. wife has also lost half a stone, not bad considering we’re now in our 50’s

#smugbastard

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    #3 stinger, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Weight Friday after Christmas and New Year excess

11st 4llbs

Weight same day 2017
    14st 9llbs

Weight same day 2016
    15st 7llbs

Weight same day 2014
    10st 4llbs

Weight same day 2012
    16st 2llbs

This year I threw out any clothes marked above 34" waist or "Large" and above. I figured if i kept them the temptation to just reach for the next size up rather than take action might be too strong.

If you think this is because I am well over 50, at age 21 16st 10llbs, Age 23 10st 10llbs and so it all started.

I have found over the years, not eating much and exercise, in my case running is the key. Its funny this came up, i started a new job in November and there was a discussion Friday of New Year diets and I got the .. you are lucky, I could never look like you. I told them my weight history I'm not sure they believe it.
    Someone I know from dog walking that i haven't seen for a while, said to me back in September, "you are running again aren't you?", "i can tell by your weight".
    2 weeks ago my new boss said, "you are lucky you have the build of a runner", i replied, "that's because i'm running", i'm not sure she understood what I meant.

There you go folks, preach over. I'm forever buying gear, just yesterday my new Dainese trousers arrived because my old ones were too big but the jacket wasnt.
    I'm not sure what the most cost effective lifestyle is, eat and drink what you want or dont eat and drink what you want and keep buying new clothes!

All these experts talk about lifestyle choices etcetera etcetera. You can enjoy yourself and still make good choices. No you fecking cant, beer, whisky, roast meat and cream cakes beats salad and veganism any day of the week.

For myself I have found running 20-25 miles per week means I can watch my food but indulgencies don't worry me. Run 40 miles per week you can eat and drink what the f*** you like.

Oh and GL Dilli and anyone else with the struggle.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I have the same problems DILLIGAF !

Just for the opposite reason ! I've lost about 10 to 12 kg over the last year ! I changed Job's, went from a School Bus Driver to FIFO work, as Mine site Transfer Driver ! The food at the Mess in Leinster was awesome !!! The Guy's I worked with kept saying "you'll put on weight really easily, watch it" then I observed them eating 3X's the daily average required intake !! That's when my Diet started !!
    I was amazed at how many young Guy's had "old" "man" disorders, there was gout ! and arthritis ! Galore ! Some were in there 20's !

Good thing is, I No longer work FIFO should be back to my fat bastid self in six more months lol ! So no need to buy new!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Its your fing Jack Daniels, you told me to stop drinking southern softie Red wine. I only consumed 6 bottles of JD in Dec and put on a stone.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Wow 48lbs, good going Ron, shame a heart attack prompted the loss, and makes me think I’m a perfect candidate for one myself.

Time for action fat Repooh

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. NZ Westie

NZ Westie Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    Saw this thread and thought instantly that someone had been here...

https://whoateallthepies.co.nz/

I've managed to shed the Xmas & New Year excess and am back to the weight I was before, 72.5 kg (just under 11 st 6 lb for those non metric types).

Was 80 kg six weeks before Xmas... my aim was to get below 73 kg, now have to keep it off (again). Trouble is I just like food too much.

• Like Like x 3
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah but look at the smile on ya face :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    You know the answer Dilli,,,,,,emigrate and enjoy the so called healthy Mediterranean life style ;);)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I’m going dry (alcohol) in January and me and the wife are back on weight watchers as of today after a good, but not excessive chrimbo. Got just under a stone to get off, I’m keeping the belt in the same position as a reminder that I need to feel more comfortable. Got my annual MOT at the docs coming up soon so that’s another reason to behave, they suggested I go on statins at my last one as I was borderline in the score (worked out on how much you drink, smoke (don’t) exercise, etc) and at risk of heart disease (I’m 58 and my bro had a heart attack at the same age) so being as I have decided I ain’t dying til I’m at least 80 in order to draw as much pension as I paid in I’d better keep an eye on my health.
    Good luck to all who are doing the same.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hey Dilli, if you're 6'3" 15.4 aint too bad, but I am guessing you're not?
    So the problem isn't your weight it's your height :grinning:

I had been OK up to the Christmas period, but I have put on 5lbs, so now sat at 16 stone 5lbs, I want to try and get down to 15 stone for first race in March, I am 6'3" so unlikely to be getting any lighter than 15st.

I got some Knox armour to go under my leathers & over the break when everyone was out I thought I would try my new leathers with all the armour underneath, at least there would be nobody to see my embarrassment if I couldn't get them on!
    Any way, got the Knee, Elbow, Hip, Chest and back protectors all in place, after a bit of a struggle I got the leathers zipped up .... great I thought ... they fit :party::party::party:
    Then I tried taking them off ..... Doh! ..... anyone who has ever tried removing very tight one piece leathers will know this is virtually impossible without the assistance of someone else tugging the sleeve :blush: .... 40 fecking minutes it took me :mad: ... my missus came home a few minutes after I got them off, asked me why I was all red a sweaty :confused: I had to tell her, she then took the piss for the rest of the day, singing the "who ate all the pies" song at me :sob:

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Oh shut up fatty!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  14. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Ignore the mocking call of the carrion crow... It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves... let us eat salad and sup water anon!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Billy once you’ve got your 6 cow suit on and armour you’ll need a hydrolic lift to get you onto your bike :laughing:

How’s about a six point lift to help spread the load:eek:

upload_2019-1-7_13-59-30.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    As my mate @Ron Ashurst said earlier ...
    We still need that FU emoji really really bad

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  17. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Damn, I was going to suggest a “Health and well being” section, guess that’s a non starter then:confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Not sure they cover the “finger of doom”...

2C4BF050-F35B-4674-9468-BE8C282C1FBF.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Unless it’s in the leisure section

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Fuck me, how to make a man feel down.
    My weight before Christmas was over 17 Stone, two weeks of food and alcohol abuse.

Yep I’m as Tony Soprano would say “you fat fuck” . Next step, anyone know of anyone who can re-profile my cams for more torque, I need to get the fat part of the power down to about 300rpm, as I don’t want to replace the clutch

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Funny Funny x 6
  21. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Ya bunch of feckin lightweights.

18.5 stone here :p

Squeezed into my Richa off-road textiles yesterday, bloody tight squeeze it was too. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 7
  22. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    you only just squeezed into them at the GMU! Who you trying to kid?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  23. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Everyone knows your riding gear shrinks over the winter so don't worry:laughing:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3