1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. Speed Triple

18.7%
  2. Street Triple

6.8%
  3. Daytona

6.0%
  4. Sprint & Trophy

9.6%
  5. Tiger / Explorer

15.5%
  6. Bonnie

29.1%
  7. Thruxton / Scrambler / Trident

12.7%
  8. America / Speedmaster / Rocket

9.6%
  9. Thunderbird

6.8%
  10. Classics

6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    I have loved Triumphs since I was a grubby faced lil kid , finally getting my first one after 25 years of Yamaha's 15 years ago and I still have it . It left the factory as a Sprint RS as my regular pillion preferred the Sprint pillion perch to that of the Speed triple . Now it has slowly evolved into a Sprint triple as I prefer naked bikes .

• Like Like x 5
  2. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    #102 Doc Strange, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Got a Daytona 955i. Why did I get it?

Wasn't planning on getting a Daytona, but was thinking of a Triumph as wanted a Brit even though my previous Meridan bike experience back in the 80s wasn't good ;-)

Wanted something more sporting than my GS and also a bargain that I could work on myself more. Was considering a Speed Triple originally.

But one day I was just about to pop out to my Tai Chi class when I noticed a Daytona on ebay at a very good price ending soon. Mentioned it to the missus, who replied 'Put a bid in, you've been going on about getting a Triumph for ages. You probably won't win anyway.'

Well, when I returned from my class, I found I'd got a new ride for £1200! Pure gold my missus :)

DS

• Like Like x 8