765 Which Street Triple?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by textfree, Aug 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. textfree

textfree New Member

Aug 1, 2019
    California
    Hello,
    I am interested in getting a 2018 street triple. Currently the dealer near me has a 2018 street triple S and a 2019 street triple RS. for the S version I can get it for 9K out the door and they will add a quick shifter. For the RS it will be closer to $14 after tax dealer fee etc. I will be using this bike as a commuter mainly and to have some fun on the twisties from time to time. Since I have not heard that much on the S models I was not sure how well it performs. Is it vastly different then the RS? Is it worth paying the extra $5k? Just making sure the S model is worth considering vs me not just getting the RS to begin with as $5K is a big difference. Any thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jon be

Jon be New Member

Aug 1, 2019
    UK
    All depends on your riding. Don’t choose between what the dealer has. Choose what is right for you. If they don’t stock it, then wait.
    There is a lot of information on you tube about the rs, but not so much on the others. However, if it is value for money, then overall the rs wins, in my view, but again, you must decide. The only thing that matters is the quality is there on all triumphs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    textree
    Yes it all down to you and what you want. If its adrenalin I should have though your mind is already made up. Welcome to the family by the way. And make sure you get a good test ride on any bike you are thinking about. And most important drop us all a picture of the steed. Those quick shifters think I would give them a miss as a lot of riders are having nightmares with them.
    Ride Free & Enjoy
    Joe.

4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Jon be.
    Welcome to the Family.
    Do start your own personal thread if not already done so. Let the peeps get to know you. I do know you were answering a question here. And tell us about your steed and drop a picture to apeace the inmates her.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy.
    Joe.

5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    How fussy are you over brakes?
    Are you a hard rider or happy to be steady away?
    Suspension; what's your ideal, soft springy and comfortable or firm and taut?

With these answers it should be easy to pick out your most suitable option :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    Commuter and the odd burn out on the twisties - get the S.
    Burn out bike with the odd commute - get the RS

7. StreetRS1981

StreetRS1981 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Wiltshire
    I went for the RS - its a perfect daily commuter, and weekend hooligan; and I chose it over the R because of the better components; I test rode the R and also had it on a couple of occasions as my loan bike during servicing work - for me the Brembos on the R are no way as good as the M50s on the RS.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Textfree,
    Not ridden the S, or the R for that matter but owned the RS for about 15 or 16 months, I did a thread about my thoughts which is below, awesome bike, if you can afford it I would say go for the RS, if not go for the S. :cool:

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/765-rs-a-year-on-my-humble-view.14787/

9. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    The S is a poor option in my mind as both the R and RS offer so much more.
    Forget the S and go ex demo on the other two if money is tight ;)