Which Seat?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Patchinko, Feb 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    #1 Patchinko, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    I have been considering a Burton DS003 seat for improved comfort and looks for my Bonnie SE, but recently saw the Motone seat https://www.motone.co.uk/motorcycle...e-c25/bonneville-dual-seat-ribbed-black-p1652 on their web page.

It looks pretty cool and they claim good touring comfort but I can't find a good picture of one fitted to a bike.

Does any one have experience of either, or even better both seat?

Or any other after market seat for that matter, Slammer, Kickass Custom, Texavania? Or maybe a custom build on the original pan? Pillion comfort is also important.

Thanks for any help.

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Have a look here :

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    No experience of either but I think the Burton DS003 is the better looking seat by a big margin.
    Just my opinion though
    Curly

4. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    #4 Patchinko, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Thanks for the above, although I mentioned Motone and Burton in the OP (now edited) I'd really like to hear of any experience or ideas of any replacement seats. (Except King+Queen:-/)

5. Bonnie2101

Bonnie2101 New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Sydney Australia
    Hi
    Just fitted a Burton to my 2016 T120.
    Looks the part and very comfortable (I did go for the gel insert option)
    The seat is slightly higher than the Triumph seat it replaced but not enough to notice when sitting on it.
    Rear of the seat (as per the Triumph sixties originals) is slightly higher than front but fits in with making the bike look even more retro.
    Price very reasonable for a plug and play seat that fitted straight out of the box onto the bike.
    Will take a couple of photos later.

Hope this helps
    Chris from Sydney

• Like Like x 3
  6. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    #6 Patchinko, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    N
    Thanks, though the more I look at It the more the BC Slammer appeals. It's a bit pricey here though.