Which Event...?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pegscraper, Feb 25, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    If you could go back in time and witness, first hand, any event in history, what would it be?
    For me it would have to be a Saturn V launch. I remember watching the Apollo launches on TV as a kid and was mesmerised.

• Like Like x 2
  2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Would loved to have seen some of the greats playing, Hendrix at woodstock perhaps. Though watching one of those Saturn V's blasting off would be spectacular!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I’d go back and rewatch the launch of Bitcoin. Then buy truck loads and sell them now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    A friend had 2 tickets for a concert of "The Police", I had something else to do and declined.. 30+ years later I still wonder why I declined...

• Like Like x 1
  5. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    #5 stinger, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Hubaxe... true story. When Live Aid Wembley was announced I was a student. About 6 months before the actual event, my mate Pete had come round a day or so after the announcement and said lets get some tickets. I said they only just announced it they wont be on sale yet. Anyway he said, its bound to be something to do with Harvey Goldsmith, can I borrow your 'phone (landline, no mobiles them). He got on the 'phone, a few minutes later said, YES! i can get some they are 25 quid (might be 35 it was a long time ago) but they need a credit card and i haven't got one. Can I borrow yours, OK I said and gave it to him.. Sure you don't want one says he, Nah, says I.
    Live aid ticket duly bought on my 'phone with my credit card, I didn't go........

DOH!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #6 Vulpes, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Pink Floyd in Goffert Park, Nijmegen 1989.

Stoned out of my mind watching a pig fly through a haze of wafting weed...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i saw them performing "The Wall" at Earls Court in 1980..Sting and the rest of the Police were sitting a few rows behind me.. very strange aroma coming from their direction

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i would go back to about 1955 when Elvis was still with Sun Records and film some of his first performances with sound, as any clips I've seen they just dub what they think are the songs he is singing but it doesn't sound or look right

• Like Like x 1
  9. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Not very long ago I went to see Corrosion of Conformity playing (wont mean much to most of yous, but an all time favourite of mine). Pepper Keenan the front man was chilling with a bag of weed in the smoking area outside, I had the pleasure of chilling with him for a drink and a smoke :rolleyes::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    I was there as well but missed seeing the police. Had a great ride up and back from Wiltshire with a mate on our suzuki X7's. It was a pretty good day.

• Like Like x 1