Which engine oil ?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by filbay, Mar 22, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. filbay

filbay Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Hampshire
    Hello folks, This may have been asked before ( but I cannot see any threads? ) but what engine oil do you guys recommend for an EFI Bonneville please ? I have seen MOTUL advertised as well as SILKOLENE and Castrol EDGE. Any real difference......?

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    All you need to do is buy quality MOTORCYCLE engine oil with a JASO rating and a viscosity of 10-40.

3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Miller. Good quality, great price, not paying all the advertising costs of the other brands. Ebay best prices usually.

4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Castrol 1 4T Racing oil 10-40 fully synthetic in my Bonnie EFI, runs like a dream!

5. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Thanks for the heads up Mr O, I'd never heard of Miller oils.

Just had a look on fleabay and their ZFS 10-40 can be had for £25 for 4L while the Castrol 1 4T is £29 4L, £40 if you get it from Halfrauds!

Something to consider when the next oil change is due.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

OPIE OILS - link to Ebay shop

Website sometimes not the cheapest, but if you use their Ebay shop, usually free postage and often cheaper.
    Service is generally next day, in fact usually before 8:00 am !!!

Just looked now, the're not the cheapest for Miller ZSS (semi) or ZSF (fully), but can be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i've used OPIE OILS in the past and the price is normally competitive,i'm sure in the past they offered clubs an extra discount. it might be worth enquiring for the forum?

8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

If you subscribe to their newsletter, you get sent some good offers and regular free post codes.