Which Bluetooth Too Get For My Tomtom Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Tucker 1963, Apr 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Which Bluetooth sets are best too talk with the wife and use with my TomTom Sat Nav
    As can't make up my mind too many to chose from.
    Tucker

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Talk to the wife?????:eek:
    What for :confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Do you really want to talk to your wife while riding your bike:dizzy:

4. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    It's more for when we are on long Ride's for stop off's .

• Like Like x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Very diplomatic reply mate :p
    Is the wife looking over your shoulder:worried:
    Could be worth looking at the sat nav section as I’m sure other people talk to their wives as well :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Tucker Tucker Tucker, Did you expect any less don't worry though all these guys talk to there wife its just there all Keyboard Commando's, Sensible answers will be along shortly :D:D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Highly unlikely you will get a sensible answer here............. try google!;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Someone once asked me if the wife smoked after sex and I said I don't know I would have too ask her.
    LOL
    Tucker

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    _20180407_135442.jpg I find that I can hear what she is saying when we go out for a ride this is s her part of the bike Dilli Dilli .
    Tucker

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I use the scala q3 but I think if you’re not fussed about phone and other riders the q1 might suit, there are probably cheaper from Aldi that people have bought

11. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    On a serious note, I have some of the older Sena SMH10B units for my various helmets. They have been replaced with newer models which may work fine, but I can't recommend the ones that I have. When they work, they are great, but they are always loosing the connection 4' away in the sidecar. I also think their software for installing updates is not very good. I trashed one of my units while trying to make the update. I should probably take the whole lot to someone that really knows what they are doing and let them update the units.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DesertRat

DesertRat Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Yuscon, AZ USA
    I don't currently have a wife so I can avoid all those other comments... I have found any of the Senas work well (I use them for music and when riding with friends.). I've tried some of the cheap ones on ebay but found their volume was lousy. Also, your helmet choice can be quite important - my old Arai was very quiet so volume was excellent. My current helmet - a Scorpion - is great but not as quiet and I need the volume at the highest level to hear well.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Scala Q1 teamset. Not the cheapest but works well. Hear the sat nav, which I turn off, very annoying, listening to music, talk to the missus. She can also listen to her own music, so keeps her awake on long stints. App is also good for controlling from my android phone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. DesertRat

DesertRat Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Yuscon, AZ USA
    One other thought, the position of the earpieces in the helmet is also critical. As little as 1/2" or less off from the optimum position can lead you to think the unit is crap. Before condemning the unit play with the position in the helmet relative to your ear first.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Agree with Mr O, all the Scala bluetooth sets work well, I got a new Freecom last year and it has been faultless and the battery seems to last for ages.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    Plus one on that.

17. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    I use a Scala and it is fine - like the radio function on it. I also have an aldi unit in my spare helmet and though it does not have a radio in all other respects it is just as good though rather a bulky unit.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. tappers

tappers Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    i use an interphone F4MC it work's fine with the sat nav, but i found making phone call's it was useless.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Well guys thanks for the help went with the sena SMH5D UNV keep you posted how I get on with them.
    Tucker

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Well she is the one who keeps me on the straight and narrow.:p:D
    Tucker

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1