Where to put indicators

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by H1udd, Oct 1, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H1udd

H1udd New Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol
    Hello, just sold my 955i Daytona and "upgraded" to a Thruxton.

I am tidying up the tail and getting rid of the mudguard. But where to put the indicators.

I like the look of them by the rear shocks, but what's the visibility like of them back there? Can other people see them ok, or should I sacrifice looks and put them by the number plate and rear light for safety's sake

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome in.
    I had British Customs indicators on my Bonnie on mounting plates off the rear shocks - looked really cool but I was told several times by other riders that they were hard to see. Looks or safety - the choice is yours. A mate has small indicators on the back of his Sprint - they look good but are useless at letting you know which way he's going.

3. H1udd

H1udd New Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol
    Ah, that was my worry. Thanks for confirming my fears, I think I'll mount them at the plate

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    No worries - ride safe.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have under seat brackets bought from squaredeals visibility is good, I changed the indicators too tho. Tail tidy here

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    This is how I tidied up my tail, but if you want to keep the indicators by the tail light there's this or this
    Half ton makes a point I hadn't considered about saddle bags so the latter could be a goer