Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the congrats, @Dawsy! Yep, I did allude to the fact that I fancied this bike, didn't I? Steve said he can usually tell when I get "that look in my eye" that there may be a replacement in the garage coming up.

I definitely didn't trade Speedy! In fact, he and I are coming up on our 5th anniversary together as of this coming November. That's a new "keeper" record for me. I did consider trading or selling my Speed Triple but shook that off that silly idea quite quickly. ;):joy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Wessa! Nope, not teasing at all. :) And, yes, new bike day is always such fun. :grinning: If you're interested, I'm going to share a few more photos and a bit of a story about this bike in another thread, probably in the What Have You Been Doing with Your Non-Triumph thread.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yeah, amazing how things change, eh, @speedrattle?! I started riding only about 12 years ago and my first bike had a 96ci engine in it. And that was big at the time. And here we are at 117. The new Harley CVO editions have a 121! You'd think Harley was based in Texas...where everything is bigger!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So just how much is that for how much fuel, @Eldon?? I must be misinterpreting but it couldn't possibly e what I think it is. :eek:

5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    So UK gallons are 4.55 litres which would make it £ 7.28 gallon :weary_face: :rolleyes:

American gallons are 3.8 litres so that would be £ 6.08 / gallon ........ or $ 7.60 in your money per US gallon :mad:

Go on, make us jealous, how much are you currently paying?

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #626 Sandi T, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
    YIKES! Well I guess "expensive" is relative. I just paid $4.59 per gallon for gas on Monday and was pretty unhappy about that. But that's far less than your price. The most I've paid EVER was just over $6.00 a gallon a couple of summers ago. I know that there were lots of places in California at that time that were charging over $7.00 a gallon but that didn't last. Sometimes I think the prices get cranked up so we're made to feel comfortable with a new higher price. Seems like gas was two dollars and something for a long, long while. Those days are gone...........

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #627 Eldon, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    Yes fully agree, big price hike followed by small later reduction.
    New benchmark created and the population will suck it up.
    Big profits, smiling shareholders, everyones happy.... not!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Phew - was hoping that was the one you'd let go, but what a pair of Harleys you have now!

Yes, I'm eyeing the ST up myself, but more as one for the future. I love my T120 but I miss my Sport Glide and the whole Harley experience. We're going to be doing some work to the garden in the early Spring, though, and it'll include some proper bike storage. I'm hoping I'll be back to full strength by then as well, so...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    If you're feeling up to it and you get the chance, take the Low Rider S or the Low Rider ST for a test ride, Tony!!

10. Incognito

Incognito New Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Ipswich
    A Thunderbox from Healtech. No more trying to find a switched live in the wiring loom for me. Works a treat.

11. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I take a break for a few days because I have been busy and you go and get a new bike @Sandi T - congratulations!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I popped into my local Triumph/Harley dealer today, and they actually had your bike in there, Sandi. In the metal it really is a thing of beauty, and I may well book a test ride (if not on that specific bike, then on their ST demo).

• Like Like x 3
  13. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #633 Eldon, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    Sounds good, any direct links?

Edit.
    Here you go for anyone interested?

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/tb/

14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :joy::joy::joy: I tried to sneak the new bike in when you weren't looking, @Mrs Visor! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's cool, Tony! It is interesting to see a bike in the flesh--well, metal-- and how it's similar or different from the web view, isn't it? I hope that you get / take the opportunity to test ride the demo Low Rider ST. I'll be super curious to hear your views on the bike. When I originally test rode one nearly a year ago at my dealership (on the Demo Truck from Milwaukee), I liked it immensely but felt at the time that the pegs were too high. Now that I'm riding it, they feel just right to me. I may do a BungKing engine guard so I have an option to stretch my legs out here and there. Oh, and to protect the bike "just in case".

• Like Like x 2
  16. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    #636 andyb57, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    Trying a Puig Mini screen on my 2008 Scrambler in preparation for Autumn riding..... It's a size up from a fly screen, meant for a later Bonnie so there's a bit of a gap around the smaller Scrambler headlight, and I need to figure out how to ensure it's firmly locked in position.
    First impressions are good - decent quality mounts, etc, and there is less turbulence than with the smaller screen. There is definitely a flow of air from around the light but it's not annoying - might even help keep the helmet visor clear - but it could be a different story riding in the wet and cold if it channels the water too! Will post pics if I decide to keep it.
    Have also finally taken the plunge and ordered a new Excel/Talon rear wheel and a new Excel front rim :grinning:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    Is this for a new 1200 scrambler?

18. andyb57

andyb57 Senior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Devon
    No, 2008 900

19. jackyma09

jackyma09 Member

Aug 10, 2023
    New York, USA
    I recently splurged on a new motorcycle helmet. I wanted something stylish and safe, and I’m really happy with my helmet. It fits perfectly and gives me that extra confidence when I hit the road.

20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So…what is it and where’s a photo!? Glad you’re happy with your new helmet, but you’re a little light on the details, @jackyma09. ;):joy: