Whats The Last Thing You Bought?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by speedrattle, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Nice choice, Tony! Maybe it was all for the best that your Legend Gear side bag "retired" itself. No use bearing those scars if you don't have to. ;):heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MoreT

MoreT Noble Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    Haggis and Black Pudding Sausage rolls at the Meadows Park Edinburgh. Washed down with decent coffee from the two vans parked there. All gone now, so too late to photograph! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    I picked up some used part bargains at the Destination Triumph Dorset sale today.

I may have bumped in to @Koko55 there because he looked like a familiar face? I didn't realise until after I left!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ivenoidea

ivenoidea Member

Feb 25, 2023
    Essex
    Hi all,an update regarding my Street twin exhausts.Some may recall my earlier posts as i wanted my standard pipes to sound deeper more like a 900cc twin Bonneville as i remember them,never going to be the same exactly but nearer.I have had a pair of TEC Rebel slip on’s that were/are to me a great improvement over standard,a deep richer, more powerful sound especially under power and great on the over run changing down.After watching a you tube video that shows a chap that had drilled the baffles from his standard pipes and how it has improved the sound to his liking and mine.Yesterday a very good fella (a diamond driller ) cut the baffles from my set with great success.Today i put them back on the bike and took it out for a good run and WOW exactly what i had hoped for,feels as it should in my opinion,a 900cc powerful twin Bonneville,now i have the looks i fell for originally along with the sound that suits the bike and myself.Happy days.Yes i know there are folk that are content with how the bike sounds as is and that’s great so please resist the urge to point it out to me,thanks.OApete.UK 1 Image of very small baffle.

BAFFLES 2.jpg

5. ivenoidea

ivenoidea Member

Feb 25, 2023
    Essex
    Hi all,the header pipe end of the pipes are around 36mm,the tiny baffle tube is 20mm small wonder its muted but regulations must be followed by manufacturers.Well i found a chap that offered to drill the baffles out if possible and with some effort he managed it.what i was after is a deep throaty powerful beat on tick over and A Bonneville sound under power and thats exactly what i have.Has bought another level of enjoyment to riding the Street Twin.Pipes look perfectly standard keeping the rear of the pipes still having the inner tube,and that tube size is all through now.I have had a pair of TEC Rebel slip ons fitted and they sounded great but i wanted the original pipes on the bike because thats what drew me to the bike originally,now is aural and visual bliss.Ride safe.Pete.Essex.

BAFFLES 1.jpg

BAFFLES 3 jpg.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    I bought the wife a drink tonight after some batting this afternoon. Half a pint of soda and blackcurrent with ice. Do you think this was too extravagant? (I did get 10% off using my batting club members card)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    It's very black but it runs

1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Think the ice was a bit much to be honest.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    the last thing i bought was a rope with which to strangle spammers.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ummm, this....... I think I may need to join Bikeaholics Anonymous.

IMG_7317.jpeg

• Like x 12
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • WTF x 1
    • Love You x 1
  11. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #611 learningtofly, Sep 13, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
    Bloody hell, Sandi - now I really AM jealous.

Huge congratulations - what a wonderful bike. Is it an addition, or a replacement?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Congratulations on your new bike @Sandi T :grinning:
    Reading your Sturgis posts there were a few (not very) subtle clues that you fancied one of those. Enjoy!
    So long as you have not traded the Speedy!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Congratulations @Sandi T , always good on a new bike day. Or are you just teasing us :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Traveler

Traveler Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2023
    Helena, Sweet Home Alabama
    And that one has the fairly new 117 engine as I recall?

15. FezUSA

FezUSA Member

Sep 1, 2023
    OH, USA
    Thanks for this, they're currently on sale for $20 off on Amz!! So only $49, difference will cover the cost of the case and then some!!

16. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Wow, didn't see that one coming, congratulations:party:. Nice bike:cool:. But please don't let it be Speedy who got traded in. You were only recently telling us Speedy was the only bike you could ride during your post-op.

That said and I'm sure you already are, enjoy the new ride:).

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    117?

i remember when 80 came out and was monstrous

things change

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Took a mortgage out today for fuel in Hull (uk). :(

20230913_133629.jpg

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @learningtofly
    Thanks, Tony! It is a wonderful bike and I think I'm in love already. :heart: It's definitely a replacement since we can't squeeze even a scooter in the garage with the four bikes and a car. I sold my Fat Boy privately to a good home. My boss, who is also a friend and riding buddy, bought it! So it's a win-win. :grinning: And, about you being jealous...you did say you were looking at this bike, too. Hmmm, just sayin'... ;)

• Like Like x 4